Sunday Sunday

 The first day of the week, a great place to start.  Today I decided that it would be a Sunday go-to meetin' day.  So I did.  Doug elected to stay home still recuperating.    Our time at church is usually at least two hours long with choir practice added to the morning's activities.  For years we arrived at church even earlier around 7 am using that time preparing hospitality pastries and coffee.    But today.was something different arriving at church at 10:50 with a  short walk to my favorite pew on the south side of the church.  The music was wonderful.  I just can't live without music.  The preaching continued with another biblical character the focus for the morning.  The afternoon was spent watching powerful Ida hurrican stories.  Eric stopped in with an ice cream container of butter pecan sugar-free treat ordered by my Novi Mi. friend Marcia.  What a  girl!   Noah was part of the delivery system.  I sure do miss his visits and feel blessed when he surprises me.  I include Eric in the surprise as well.  .Today's pictures are some I really enjoy just for who they are.    The picture to the right is a clump of tall Pampus grass.  For years there were 4 more clumps of grass near this one but they decided that it was time to pass on.  So the roots were dug taking about a year to do that.  I'm happy to know that one clump still remains.  Later when the flower plums hold seeds the birds love to sit on the stems taking rides up and down.  .   The next picture is OKRA.  I always plant this every year, not with the intention of ever eating it but letting the pods grow as big as they can.  Then drying them and using them in arrangements as needed.  One year they were sprayed gold and used in Christmas wreaths at church.  I just love their shapes, Sometimes they are straight and sometimes not.        

So now you have two more examples of interesting things that keep me energized helping the garden to make expressions of the wonderful creation that God provides for us.                                                                                            
   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday