Waiting, Preparing and Waiting.

 Waiting is not my favorite thing to do.  I'm a get-it-done person working ahead whenever I can and that's most of the time.  Shop early for Xmas, work on menu ideas long before I need them when visiting at the monastery in  Georgia spending Thanksgiving week with brothers.  Preparing fills the waiting time.  You get the idea.  Teaching 6,7 and 8-year-olds can bury teachers in seconds if preparation is lacking. There is little waiting time in that setting.  John the Baptist of the Bible said, Prepare the way of the Lord.  But how does one prepare for what one doesn't know what to prepare?  The waiting time is empty of preparation. 

This morning I did something I didn't think I would ever do.  I went back over a few old postings.  When I got to Mary Oliver's words, written in those February days after surgery, I heard words I had forgotten.  

Don't worry, things take the time they take.  Don't worry.                                                                                                  I remembered the things part, not the don't worry part. 

How many roads did St. Augustine take before he became St. Augustine?

So today I'm praying all these words will be burned once again into my thinking.  Mary tells it like it should be heard. Once again, Thank you, Mary.  

Today, the plan is to visit the church again filling a display case with things from Africa that will remind folks of our shared commitment to the children of Western Kenya.  

Tonight will be another choir practice.  I hope to share with friends the next health plan being prepared.  It should be a short sharing since it's a beginning plan with more information coming Monday from Dr. Schneider. Some preparation is being done.  Waiting is my part.   

  

        Don't worry, things take the time they take.  Don't worry.

More rain today, no roof on the roof.  It's waiting, stacked in the driveway.  It will happen.  Don't worry.

A beautiful reminder of a summer of fun with Adam swimming nearby taking care of his grandma.

A boy and his dog.  The boy being Jared Russell and the dog being Wyatt Russell, kyaking on  Fanny Hoe , Copper Harbor, Michigan.  2021


Comments

  1. Why isn’t Wyatt wearing a life preserver? He needs to be a safe as the engine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to the boy's hair? Was he playing with the hair clippers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are two of my favorite pictures. I love all the smiles while having fun! Thinking of you daily and praying lots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday