End day.

 The calendar would note that this is the end day of the week.  So it must be Saturday.   The weather yesterday demanded that windows be washed.  The kitchen one got a rubbing for sure.  Birds have been hitting that window lately leaving their mark so that was the challenge.  It took steel wool to get the stuff off which Doug said was wax from their feathers that help to waterproof them.  I never heard of that but it makes great sense.  The stuff was white and sticky.  That window is one that in past years the raccoon has climbed to.  That hasn't happened lately since we bring bird food in at night.  Those times were greasy events.  

With a trip to JoAnn's, we have some new Christmas lights and those got hung by the windows.  A big tree just doesn't exist anymore at the Russell house.  Other decorations go up for the seasons.  It's keep is simple sweety for me.  Our  family time happens New Years' weekend.  Christmas for me is Christmas Eve at church.  My kind of celebration.  

It's a cloudy, foggy morning so this picture is dark but I think you get the picture.  Yes.  it's 9 stockings to fill.  Two of them are close or over 50 years old.  The two palm plants are waiting for Palm Sunday. 

I have spent some time this morning doing what?  Looking at garden pictures with butterflies and of course flowers.  Such a gift on a dark Dec. morning.   All the better to enjoy the spring days of new beginnings.  

Big shout out to Purdue B B.  My friend Jo's favorite.  She followed scoring via IPhone.  Maybe the No. 1 team will get a TV spot in Atlanta.  That's a huge wish for Jo.  

Today my head is full of the anthem we will sing on Christmas Eve.  A favorite reminding us of the work of Christmas, not what we might think, those of the trappings we bring but the work that Jesus calls us to do.  The work that honors Him. So this month staying centered on that message is my goal.  Life without music would be a huge loss for me.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday