Blessed Sabbath

 Sunday dawned bright and early for me.  Well, on second thought it wasn't bright at all. It was dark.  Another one of those short nights was gifted.  Some gifts I would like to return.  I can say I was early getting all the early things completed.  My first question when Doug woke was how are you feeling?  Not so hot was the answer since there has been pain like a kidney stone that started last evening..  Drugs were keeping him in the current world.  So Doug spent the morning at home, out of the way, asleep at the switch.  But before I left for North there were two trips to the woods.  Yes...the one or even two a day trapped chipmunk regiment is still intact.  

This pot is getting fuller.  God's water and sunshine are really helping to push these plants along. 

This is a little dark I would say but the most recent picture as of this afternoon.  I was sitting on the patio so the picture is taken from a different place.  I'm seeing what I think is a baby Bluebird at the feeder.  Not so blue yet but the right color for the chest.  

Again, a sermon by Sunil, great music, and just an excellent space for worship.  After the service was over, the worker bees, the name for those visual arts folks, wrapped the sanctuary with more than 40 yards of red sheer fabric honoring Pentecost Sunday which is in a week.  Red banners line each side of the sanctuary as well as our favorite red banner at the pulpit..  Such great workers and such visual excitement celebrating the birthday of the church. MY favorite Sunday.  We will be worshiping online from our Michigan seats this year.  Being with the Michigan family is a celebration that is my favorite as well..  

Cabbage plant.  One of 8.  We'll have some to share.  I think they display a beautiful green color.                                The cabbage dust is doing a wonderful job of reminding the bugs to bug off. 

Doug continues to feel a bit puny but the major pain has lessened.  That certainly doesn't mean all is well but we'll need to keep an eye on this latest issue.  My kidney store had two parts the second about a week away from the first. I would add kidney stone pain is worse than childbirth labor pains, by far in my estimation.. 


                                     What I think is an unusual coral bell plant. So many varieties!

It was a slow afternoon with some soil fluffing and in the cool of the evening, more little flower plants make it to their safe resting place with a drink of water to anchor their new place of residency.  Delivering the last Norway Spruce from ivy began.  Tomorrow is another day to finish that delivery.  More plants were labeled for the Michigan trip. I'm expecting a great night of sleep!!!!!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday