Middle of the week, oh my.

 Hump day, Wednesday. 

    Beautiful hibiscus, all five at one time with buds waiting for tomorrow.  They will soon be gone.  

The day started with a great wordle and crossword puzzle, and two eggs, this time with onions.  Not bad.  Could it be that eggs are beginning to need a zap of something added to egg taste?  It seems that this morning I either pulled a muscle or perhaps suffered a cramp with the result that walking is something to think about. So I declared that this morning I'll spend some time restricting movement meaning sitting for a spell.  It seems to help. 

                            Picnic time.  We'll pass on the s'mores.  A little bit heavy on the sugar.                                                                          It would seem that this hot dog picture is a bit out of place.                                                                                                  You are right about that.  

Doug burned the neighborhood burn pile of sticks and logs and I roasted a package of hotdogs.  There is nothing quite like a hotdog roasted on an open fire a bit like chestnuts.  Maybe?  I've never had chestnuts so what do I know about chestnuts roasting on an open fire?  So I'll pontificate on hotdogs using past experiences to talk about. 

                                                    Add the sun to the back side of the hibiscus..
                                                           God really knows how to do flowers.  

I happened to look once again at the space in our front hall and stairs to the second floor.  Grundy is the word that I heard coming from inside my head.  So I did a bit of cleaning with Doug noticing that the step stool was being used.  It's the best thing I ever bought and should have done it sooner than a couple of years ago.  That space is cleaner having eliminated spiders and dirt.  Once again, tis the season for those little creatures.  I wonder how many Charlottes are living in our house? I can imagine a whole lot.


                        Dianthus, after a short rest, are back into bloom among the thyme plants.                                                                              Lake Superior beach rocks are nearby. 

 This afternoon we spotted a Monarch in the garden along with the usual swallowtail.  What a treat.  I've determined that when swallowtails are disturbed, they take off making little circles and land again near where they started that circle.  The monarch, easily disturbed takes off flying from one end of the garden to another with perhaps a landing but then maybe not.  I love seeing all that enthusiasm.  I tend to think that we share the enjoyment of seeing all the colors of the rainbow spread across the garden.  

                                    The monarch on what I think is its favorite flower Lantana.                                                                                      Well, the Zinnia could be providing a challenge. 

Some time was spent in the garden taking pictures.  There are always too many to choose from to post.  There is something about the afternoon sun shining through that just cannot be resisted so here is the front side of the hibiscus soon to be through its blooming cycle in one day. 


                         For the beauty of each hour of the day and of the night,

                                hill and vale, and tree and flower, sun and moon, and stars of light;

                                                Lord of all to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise. 




Comments

  1. Chestnuts are also very good roasted in the oven. I will try to remember to have some at Thanksgiving so you can taste them at long last. (I love them! but I never had them until I came here with all our chestnut trees - remember how the grandsons climbed those trees when they were younger and littler?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday