Sunday

 Today is another good church day.  The fall season is ramping up and there is a lot happening.  Darren remarked that the schedule of the morning filled the monitor screen that is hanging in the west lobby.  True, true.  North is back in business.  Noah served again as acylate.  He loves to do it and that brings a good feeling to my heart. Being church busy is what we are to do.  

                        The choir sits in the front of the sanctuary so we have a great line of sight.                                           A friend reported that she was glad to see him take up the job again. The N.                                     Russell is always available because there is handbell practice after church.                                                       Eric also helps with the soundboard from time to time. 
.  

We did not close the church today so were home in plenty of time for the Colts game.  It was the first of some exciting games with stuff happening in all of them.  We saw a punter kick one of his players in the rear with the ball going straight up in the air.  Two games were won in the last seconds of the game. There were so many first-time funny things that lead to unexpected events. 

                I'm  out of big blue space.  I need to ask neighbors if they have extra cans this week..  

I worked in the yard trimming off hostas that had all the leaves eaten by deer.  That usually happens this time of the year.  It hasn't been a big problem this summer but it does happen.  Two days ago I spotted two little deer at the end of the street.  They were the size of big Dobermans.  They need to grow more before the snow season.  I wish they lived in a safer environment.  There to many cars here.

                        Such pretty heads but my oh my to they love to grow. Control is necessary. 

I cut all the Northern Sea Oats grass.  It tends to be invasive if left in the flowerbeds during the winter when all the seeds have a chance to really be a problem in the spring.  If it is cut early with the seed heads intact it's easier to control. Not perfect but easier. Bunches are hanging in the garage to dry with the thought I might use it somewhere at church or I might not.  

Zinnia heads in the process of drying.  The seed is at the bottom of the peddle and with a gentle tug and discovering that the arrowhead-shaped seed is dark gray and firm, it is ready to be preserved.  I love all these fading colors.  So pretty.

Yes, it was football all afternoon. I went to bed after the Denver San Fran game was over after 11.  I will declare that all the televised games were very entertaining.  

                                                I call this picture EXPECTATIONS

I brought the Xmas Cactus inside yesterday.  It had a very good summer on the patio with lots of new growth. With a little luck it should be really full of blooms later in the year.  I thought it was a goner this spring.  It is now 3 years old started from a plant that is over 100 years old.  Go Chris C.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday