Wednesday.

 

I picked these this morning.  There are a few more peppers in the garden.  

All the usual morning stuff with a big flunk on Wordle.  I don't use words like that is my excuse which like always is a poor excuse.  I started on the last picture project and realized that I ordered the wrong size.  So after taking a break I ordered the right size.  Many thanks there were only 4 prints but the price really jumps when moving to a 5X7.  I'm still missing the Carmel Russell pets.  These pictures will be hanging for a long time.  


I've got the horse, cat, dog chicken and three lambs pictured.  And of course the grandsons.  
The wall also holds the wedding picture of my parents.  The brown blob is an antique wooden carving of a rooster. I'm not sure what it was used for.  Maybe a big cookie? 

I finally remembered to call Mike to make a haircut appointment.  It's been way too long since the last cutting visit.  He ask how soon could I get to the shop.  Five minutes said a desperate voice..  I lost a whole lot of hair and the behavior of the hair now on my head should improve without a doubt.  



                      We've eaten a few of these in our salad over the summer.  Not the dragon fly!!! 


I bought some Gala Apples last week.  This morning after tasting one that was sweet beyond good in my book, I decided it was pie time.  There were enough apples for two pies.  Two neighbor households each got a couple of pieces and the lawn guys found a piece when they returned to the truck to move on to another lawn..  Now Doug and I have the right amount to nibble on.  


Yes, family,  I'm getting ready for Thanksgiving in Georgia where you can eat as many pies as I can make.  It's a baking marathon that I enjoy.  This pie was delicious.  


The wonderful fall temperatures continue with few excuses to stay inside.  More clipping will happen when the big blues are empty.  The toppled-over by the deer tomato caged plant was the latest contribution to the already full cans.  One more thing was cleaned up.  The autumn joy succulents should be next but they are so beautiful this time of year.  They will get to stay a little longer.  
                        Grass blooming, a long-ago gift from Rosie, beside the Autumn Joy.                                          A nice combination of colors.                        

Many years ago the mother of one of my students gifted me with a cross-stitch with words I totally am in agreement with.  That's what makes teaching so interesting and challenging.                        
The work has become aged in looks but I returned it to the wall as a wonderful remembrance. 
What is brown now was once white.  I would say the opposite has happened to me.  What was dark brown now is now white!!!!  Funny how that works.  

Those are words to remember for many reasons.   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday