Monday...another get ready day.

 This morning I made a trip to church to look over all that had happened yesterday at the decorating event.  I picked up the pieces that were left to do.  It's mostly clean up, finish up, and then at some point rest up part.  I added a little touch here and a little touch there, straightening up and putting away.  It all goes with the job. I think the church looks smashingly beautiful.  We have nativities, big candles, banners, shell angels, courtyard lights to name some visuals and grateful that so many items remind us of and help us celebrate the birth of our redeamer.

This banner has two makers.  Doris Douglas made the original banner attached to a different background.  The banner had been abused and unfit to hang.  A few years ago I thought it was either fix or toss.  I chose a different background, cut the star from it's first home and moved it to what it is today.  The star is a silver color outlined in black thick yarn.  The muted colors on either side are musical notes perhaps sung by the angels on that first Christmas..  Pieces of reflective mirror are glued hither and yon!  The banner still reflects the intent  of the creator but now with new color and a longer life to come.  It was a joy to restore.  Doris no longer of this world was with me as if she were.


On the way home from churchI stopped to visit with Karen, the potter at the Potter's House in Broadripple.  She is one sweet caring nun who always has time for the unexpected me stopping in. I did a little Christmas shopping for the daughter-in-laws and a whole lot of talking.  I left her with another friend ready to unload a new kiln of pottery. That's a very exciting time.  


I stopped to fill the car to the max with gas for tomorrow's trip.  I made a motel reservation at Dalton Georgia.  That should make Wednesday's trip pretty short.  Conyers is about 20 miles south east of Atlanta.  Yes, we drive straight through the city bring back many, many wonderful memories of the two confirmation trips with Sarah Ellen and a whole lot of North's confirmands years ago.  Sweet, sweet.

                                    So far so good.  One night down with not evidence of a diner. 

I swept out the car.  Blew out the garage. Vacumed the house after doing a major unplugging of the sweeper.  I hate that job but am majorly happy when it's working again. I also am pretty happy to come home to a house that has been swept.  I also did more steel wool plugging so our little diner has no access to the dining room for his midnight snack.  The seed pile was smaller but still existed.  We'll see if this attempt works.

                            Food and Thanksgiving decorations for the table.  There are more.                                                          Turkey, Chili, Sloppy Joe and Cranberry Sauce. There will be more!

I tested out the cooler for space for the frozen things we're taking and I can get everything in one cooler! It will be heavy but I am sure things will not be unthawed before getting to the monastery. That turkey is one solid chunk and has stayed frozen in previous years.  


So what's left to do...supper.  An early rise tomorrow morning and we'll be on the road with my hope between 7:30 and 8:00  There will be no posting tomorrow night at the motel.  But I'll be back from Conyars Georgia and the Monestary of the Holy Spirit.  Look it up on line.  

Comments

  1. We have Wifi. Maybe you can post from the Family Guest House while you are here. It is hard to miss a day of your blog - and I would hate that your regular visitors would miss too many days while you are here having fun beating me at cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday