Friday

 The last day of the work week unless you are not counting that tomorrow is Bread and Bowl morning.  That's work heading my way tomorrow.  

Today it was an easy again Crossword but impossible for me wordle.  I flunked.  Tomorrow is another day!  I had the chocolate chip cookies out of the oven in time for Doug's breakfast.  One pan was a little too brown on the bottom.  Those were his and the rest for the grandsons.  Well, some of them.  


Then it was time to start on the stole.  Today was the finish day.  There were lots of parts to do and I had trouble with a few but with patience again the problems were solved.  The stole is finished and goes to church with me tomorrow waiting for Darren in his mailbox.  The first part of the process of stole-making is always slow.  The last part is not so slow and this time would have been faster had I did not have some difficulty.  Something to remember when the next one is in process.  Always learning.  I have made a stole for a number of ministers. A guess is close to 7.

                        Finally, Darren has an all-purple stole to wear during the season of Lent.  

At 12 o 'clock Doug asked me if we were supposed to get the kids.  YES.  I totally forgot with my mind in the stole.  So off we went with bags of cookies on the back seats waiting for the kids with the hope that being late would be forgiven.  And all was forgiven.  

 With more hours on the needle, while watching more ball, the stole was completed!!!!  

There was really some very good basketball while I stitched along with texting from my Ohio friend Nancy Baxter.   The Purdue game made her nervous. And the Spartans lost.  Ohio State beat them.  

We finished off the last of the soup, got the dishes washed and the evening saw more ball and more lacing on the braided rug.  Another day of making a difference.  I met my goal. 

The evening game with I U and Maryland with I U behind told me to go to bed.  And I U won as the game wound down!  I should have known. Oh, yee of little faith! 

Comments

  1. And don't forget to count the 3 stoles you made for a couple of Trappists!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.

66