Friday.

 Super morning with nothing amiss.  Woo.  I'll take it.  All the regular stuff and wordle in three and I'll take that also.  I did a morning trip to Ober's Flower shop picking up the palms for the parade on Sunday.  There is a process getting them ready for the parishioners and the morning was filled with the loppers doing their thing.  There will be plenty of palm fronds for all with some Emeralds for the children and also for decorating. I took a lot of pictures that should explain the process for others to learn.

Tough little things need the loppers.

            All are torn apart and wrapped in a wet towel, then a plastic tablecloth to prevent drying out.

Staying inside between rain storms was difficult.  Spring rains always provide the oomph that pushes the plants out of the ground and that happened all day.  I planted another kind of lettuce in the garden, pulled weeds and just generally enjoyed being outside. There were great temperatures that did not demand a sweater. The robin was at his best voice. 

I called the afternoon the time for birds.  I read that the oriols and hummingbirds scouts usually appear in April around the middle of the month.  But since it's been unusually warm the chances of coming early are pretty high.  So I got ready for those two friends coming early.omorrow is April 1.  

        Oriole on the left, Hummingbirds on the right.  One hummingbird is out of sight.  I'm ready.                                                          A robin in the middle ready to welcome.

Mr. and Mrs. B B continue to be seen every day and there is a flurry of yellow finch.  I love their little squeak which will be better heard when the windows are open.  The numbers increase every day.  Doug and I spend a lot of time enjoying the coming and going of all the birds.  What a neat addition to the landscape creating more interest.  Today we had a new visitor never seen at the feeder.  It was a Hairy Woodpecker.  They look exactly like the Downys with the exception that they are bigger and have a longer beak.  

Noah's health continues to improve and our fingers are crossed for a tomorrow release.  What a week.  One that should not be repeated.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday