Monday all day!
Up and at 'em way too early. It's a sleepy morning or maybe even day. I headed to church a little after nine but first to Laurel's house with two shoe boxes full of embellishments to fix our beautiful wedding banner. I accepted her offer to repair that banner bringing it back to its glorious beginning. She will be sewing pearls and more for sure. It's been a few years since the banner has gotten any attention.
I found this blooming in the garden. It's Mock Quince with more buds producing more flowers in a few weeks. So pretty with a gorgeous orange pink flower. It's a bush we planted more than 45 years ago when we first moved to this house.
Then it was time to work in the banner closet putting things away until Darren appeared which he did when all the other interruptions that come to a minister were completed. We talked through what will happen on Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, and Good Friday visually. There were decisions to be made and I think I am at a good place in deciding what is needed to support the coming services.
The altar was prepared for this Sunday's sermon which will include the story of the anointing of Jesus with precious oil.
Back home again and still feeling mighty sleepy with naps coming at unexpected times. I continued to work on lacing the rug, adding more fabric to the braid allowing it to be extended.
The morning started with light snow but seems to have blown itself away. The cold remains, the blue birds continue to get mealworms, the water in the birdbath thawed and all seems to be right with the world. There was a HUGE flock of robins in the front yard this afternoon.
Just three years ago I planted two pussywillow bushes. They were just little sticks about 2 ft. high. Now they are over my head and blooming beautiful for the first time. Pussywillows are such announcers of spring.
Then it was more braiding, more lacing, a nap mixed in and a little TV watching sprinkled around. My prayer is that tonight there is more than four hours of sleep. It would be a gift much appreciated. Waking at three which was two last week is not so hot!
well, our Georgia jonquils would like to be in Indiana - our spring temperatures plummeted quickly to near freezing last night. No snow - but still a shock. The sun is out today, so maybe the jonquils will find some comfort and encouragement to keep on blooming.
ReplyDelete