Saturday.
Another great Saturday. Thinking about that lets me mark something good every day. After a good breakfast of oatmeal with raisins, dried apricots, English walnuts, and blueberries with a smidgen of milk I was off to church for Bread and Bowl. That event is one of my favorite activities. Our guests are most gracious and carrying and grateful for a hot meal. I am reminded of something we heard from my Nancy friend while with the confirmation kids in Atlanta years ago. At the end of every day the question before the kids was, where did you see God today? The question stays with me looking for the answer when out and about. Crossword and wordleI were finished later in the day. Woo, woo
Blue Bells are popping out of the ground. A few of the leaves even look blue.This morning at Bread and Bowl we had a new worker, a lady from the neighborhood, Karen. She was delightful in so many ways. There were six of us as busy as little bees all doing something to make the morning successful. We had a great bunch of visitors although we could have accommodated a few more. But that's usually the case. It's always, guess who's coming to dinner. It's always good to have enough for all and we did.
A cheese and rice with a whole lot of chicken cassrole was the main dish coming from Second Helpings. I told the guests they would be crowing since there was so much chicken in the casserole. You think? We served 4 pans. 2 1/2 in carry-out containers. The rest was eaten in the community room.The stole was delivered to Darren's box in the office. Brother-in-law Dee or Father Cassion as some know him reminded me of three more stoles made for our Georgia family Father Peter D and Cassian. Maybe the stole count should be 10 unless I'm forgetting a few more recipients which could be the case.
The two bleeding heart plants are showing up once again. They along with the bluebells bloom at the same time. It's a wonderful pink and blue world for a little while..
The afternoon games, Purdue and Ohio State...Purdue's win and I U and the Penn State game with a Penn win produced two interesting games. Tomorrow it's Purdue and Penn with the NCAA coming next week!
I took a break for a visit to JoAnn's for another yard of purple. The 40.00 a-yard fabric to an on sale for 18.00 a yd. needed to be honored. In another year Sunil will be ordained and I try to make a stole for that occasion. I have another idea of course for Sunil! I'd love to find some nice green so another year of looking should help. The purple is the same material used for Darren's stole.
The weather is a bit chili and it's hard to believe but tonight snow is predicted. I'm looking forward to that being something the weather people get wrong. The world is waiting for warmer weather. Tonight also is the last night of slow time. I haven't heard about the fallback or spring-forward event coupled with slow time. I grew up with those words as well as fast time. It's a little antiquated.
Comments
Post a Comment