Sunday? and Monday

 Did you notice Sunday with a question mark?  So was I gone?.  I was not some place expected but somewhere that I needed to be.  

Let's start with Sunday.  I was up early and I packed another bag of 20 bibs and a pr. of pants for Jenny Cushman-Wood.  Bibs for the Goodwill project of supporting babies and pants for Joe.  Then off to church and finding our place in the pew again with a hello all around.  While passing the choir I got a high=five, a touch-up at the altar flowers, and a whole lot of waves to many folks.  The service was good, the music was outstanding, and another great Sunday in the sanctuary with friends and God.  After the service, Heidi and I talked about next Sunday's visuals.  We started but it didn't go far.  Doug likened it to talking in tongues. His imagination The short story targeted it the beginning of a TIA.  That is a beginning of a stroke that stops shortly thereafter but this time with no damage (CTS SCAN) and eventually, the reason for the TCA becomes clear.  There was a little more to the attack all resulting in a trip to Methodist IU by ambulance and a stay at the hospital till late Monday afternoon.  To say I was a bit out of it for 30 minutes was accurate.

Seven different procedures were completed, some on Sunday and some on Monday with the result that 2 medicines have changed.  Additionally, an appointment with a neurological doctor will be made and the possibility of cleaning out two arteries in the neck should happen. So for now I'm carrying on feeling pretty close to what was and living with no other restrictions currently. On to a much looked forward phone call to lessen the chances of another TIA or full-blown stroke.  It's been a hurry up and slow up and then do it over and over again pace for Sunday afternoon and then almost all of Monday.  Doug picked me up at 4:30 at Methodist tonight just happy to be feeling a little better and tomorrow much, much better after a great night of sleep, I hope.  

Sunday night was a night that was "lost in no sleep" instead of "lost in the night".  Choir members will remember that song. 


So once again with a grateful heart for things too numerous to mention but for gratitude for all.  There was Heidi, a nurse practitioner conversing with me and hearing an unrecognizable conversation, and seeing my unwillingness to do anything. A call to the balcony for her husband James, who came to attention in the Doctor mode walking alongside and staying.  John Hague immediately called the ambulance and then scores of folks who were there either in body or prayer.  Eric and Doug stayed the course as well. Darren walking along side and others in the prayer chain.

It was a church happening that allows many into the garden of life where happiness grows but also plays with the troubles of life, bringing healers and supporters alongside in their baskets of tools as well as Kevin Armstrong's word sandwich, walking alongside often reminding us. 

And to repeat the saying that I heard for the first time during my first cancer doctor visit.

                Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain. 

                        My dancing shoes are like new but have been worn for many years.                                                                      I'm ready for the challenge of trying to dance them out. 

                  

                                    The cold, cold seems to be gone and after lying flat on the ground                                                 the Lenten Roses have applied their antifreeze making the flowers beautiful again.  


For some of you, this is new and for others, you already have walked tise walk.  I am grateful for where ever you are in the journey.  And then there is tomorrow.  We had a serious talk about heading north to see the Michigan family attending Jacob's last high school concert. I think it's best for a little caution.  My information says this TIA has a very slight chance of repeating itself in the next few days.  So the wise place to plant ourselves here.  I love a beautiful garden where people want to find themselves. 

Comments

  1. I am relieved to read this. Keep on quietly keeping on. I will post it on our board - many brothers have been asking about you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday