Sunday
The morning started with this outside the window.
My Nancy friend said that Kentuckians say that jonquils need three snow storms before spring is permanent. This is the first one but we're not Kentuckians. Hoosiers don't need more than one.Slow easy morning. Just as it should be. Off to church with a cruise through the book fair held in the community room. There were a nice collection of books to look through. Not too many and not too few. Some years it can be quite large and almost overwhelming.
Darren chose to wear the new stole which really looked quite fine at the pulpit. I was surprised at how well the quiet purple showed through. Darren pronounced it a good fit for the season. I am honored to know that because Darren is very careful about what he wears.
We were home for lunch and then I made a trip to the Schilling household to visit with Dirk from California and Peter and Thomas now living in Delphi Indiana along with Rita and Bob getting ready for a move to Rita's daughter's carriage house in the Nora area. It was fun reconnecting. Years ago we took the kids to church since Bob needed to leave early to play the organ at both services.
The afternoon entertainment with Purdue and Penn State was maddening near the end of the game so I just excused myself from the room for a while. Purdue closed out the Big 10 and now on to the NCAA. I chose to clean the bird feeders letting the guys play on! Such a whimp.
Cute little chickadee enjoying a meal in a clean feeder. It was a great day for the birds.There was no sun to brighten up the picture.
The bluebirds are around morning, noon and night. Meal worms are their favorite along with that being the same for the Starlings. Bummer.
Georgian jonquils need no snow for spring to be permanent.
ReplyDelete