Tuesday.

 The morning was a short one getting ready for the day.  A big hole of sleeplessness during the night and then a good sleep until the alarm went off.  Up and ready for the day with wordle completed in three but the crossword lingering until afternoon.  Then it was a trip to Methodist to meet a new doctor for a nine o'clock appointment. 


This was the third of three doctor visits in two days happening this morning.  This one is perhaps the most important of the three at this point in time.  A visit with today's doctor told me that because of radiation occurring in the area of the 60% shut vein, surgery is not an option.  It's a little disappointing but stewing about an unsolvable problem would not be productive.  Monitored blood pressure is more important than ever and I will have another ultrasound in six months.  I feel that it's on to living in the best way that I can.  Little salt, and weight reduction is an important part of healthy blood pressure numbers for me.  I know the truth.  Now the goal is to live it.  

The day was filled with sunshine and I spent time on the phone with my friends sitting on the patio enjoying every minute of sunshine that I could even though it was a bit chili.  

The afternoon saw another trip to Lowe's for two more palm plants for the sanctuary.  I'm getting excited about the coming Sunday's worship theme of palm and passion.  On the way home from Methodist once again I passed the church with a stop there to visit with friends working at Bread and Bowl.  Darren found me and we talked through the Sunday service as well as Holy Friday.  A few members of the visual arts team will meet Thursday and again Saturday to set the visual part for Sunday.  


Late afternoon I took another trip to IU North Lab.  This time it worked with a surprise blood take for Dr. Moore.  I see him the third week of April.  I'll be ready for him.  I continue to have surprises from my doctors.  

            I moved a white, maroon and purple spiderwort  plant to a better spot, more room and more sun.                                             The flowers bloom for a day and have three peddles.  So pretty.

I had some time to play in the dirt between trips out.  The ginger is emerging.  It's such a strange-looking plant at this stage but has beautiful leaves later.  I did a little edging.  The ground was great . 

Ginger's stems run flat across the ground with what appears to be green web pouches really their leaves.They make an interesting plant that's different and pretty.

I had a late afternoon phone visit with Patty H. who spends her winters in Phenix.  The evening saw another walk around the yard taking a few pictures to add to the blog.  Woo.  Just realized that tomorrow can be an at home all day experience.  I'll take it.  


                   Rita gave me this plant last year at the plant swap.  It's a minature yellow iris.                          It looks like it had a great winter.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday