Wednesday.

 Today began with a successful wordle and crossword puzzle.  Clear thinking I would say and that's after the second night of sleeping till 6.  Woo, woo.  Again maybe it's all that fresh air.  

This afternoon the big ten starts with vigor.  That's another woo. woo.  When teaching as soon as the kids left school, the TV monitors went immediately to basketball.  What fun memories. 

                                               Two colors of L. Roses in the same spot.  Almost.                                    

Today has been a little different. The wind is cold and I tried the outdoor life but it just didn't work. It's a little Brrrr temperature or should I say I think it's a wind from the north factor. Was that Mary Poppins.  So... I'm inside for the day. I gave it my best try.

There are two indoor projects to work on.  First the stole.  I'm working on the Latin cross.  One on either side near the bottom of the stole. Although they don't need to be exactly alike, they should look like they belong together.  So that's taken some time.  I think I'm pretty close to saying that the crosses are pretty much finished.  Maybe!



                                    I was aiming for the OLD Rugged Cross.  Nothing fancy.

 The colors in the photo just are not true to the real thing. I'm adding three nails to each of the crosses. One for each hand and one also if the feet are together, one on top of the others. I read online that the Catholics say there really were four nails. What I found in pictures usually are three nails. So... whatever you think is just fine with me. How many for you Uncle Dee. Brother Cassian or Father Cassian.  Oh, yee of many names.  I listed three. 


When Doug's mother's things needed to be divided and moved I got these three little steel cones. Three of them. I had no clue why they were but they were in her sewing things. When I started this braiding thing I knew. The wool strips feed through the cones guiding the fabric into a shape where the rough edges are folded in to be guided into a neat braid. I never would have known that I needed them until braiding became an issue. I have a feeling these belonged to Doug's grandmother. I can't imagine Ethel Mae braiding rugs. I could be wrong but maybe not. Dee and Rick... what's your opinion? I am so happy to have them to use.  
.
                                            The color is not orange but red and blue plaid.  

  It's coming along. The lacing thread is interesting and the needle to lace is long and flat. It is important to work slowly. If the rug is laced too tightly the whole rug buckles. And then if it's to loose that's not good either. I would love to take a lesson or two from someone who knows what they are doing!!! I'm learning by the seat of my pants! My first rug was taken apart three times until I got it possible.



Today I continued to put the oval braided rug together lacing what I had braided a couple of years ago.  The process has returned in my head with the hope that the rug will continue to lay flat.  There's a trick to that. Lacing really means sewing the rug together by looping through the braid. 


I took more Lenten Rose pictures.  The sun is out big time and the flowers are showing that.  

Those are tulip leaves by the L Roses that have never bloomed in their many years of being. The deer usually find them. I think the L Roses are trying to protect them. Last year after at least 40 years an old tulip in a different place bloomed for the first time. This year so far... deer food.



Comments

  1. i don't think the question has a denominational answer - i think it all depends on what artists decided to do when the painted the Crucifixion. And, yes, it think that often there were three nails, because the feet were on top of each other.
    And the cones? I have no idea who used them - although, yes, Gram is a likely one to do so. I remember braided rugs but i never saw them being made. If you had shown me the cones, i would have said they were for icing - i do remember seeing our mother pipe icing onto a cake through cones with different kinds of crinkled openings . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.

66