Wednesday.

 The morning had an unusual start with a text from Eric.  Noah was at IU North overnight awaiting surgery in the morning for appendicitis.  My goodness  Two Russells in two hospital in less than two weeks.  I would suggest that this family gets over this hospital stuff.  The surgery went well and we visited in the evening.  We certainly were not the first visitor.  He had a busy day afternoon with a bunch of adult friends.  The hospital is off-limits to teenagers.  He could be dismissed tomorrow. 

                        Still pretty and one of a few others that were gifted by Doris Douglas.                              Her memory shines brighter than ever.  A mentor par excellent. 

I would say a beginning like today is enough for a very long time.  All the other morning things got completed early and the day promised to be a super day to work in the garden.  And I did.  It was raking and clipping and digging that moved a few things here and there.  The big blue got a good contribution and some of the ground cover leaves went back to covering the ground with a fresh look.   

I had decided some days ago after thinking about it for about six months, to move the poles the bird feeders hung from.  I needed the pole with a baffle to take care of the squirrel to be the main bird feeder center by the kitchen window.  It's a screw-into-the-ground sort of pole and not easy to move. It needs to be dug out of the ground.  No small task but want to won the argument.  I hope I have thwarted the squirrel but it still remains to be seen.  He's nowhere around.



I have a much better view of the birds from the kitchen window.  I think the move is a win, win even though I was stuck for a long time about the move.


We should have a week of wonderful weather and it's such fun to see things jump out of the ground.  The bluebells are everywhere in the area they were first planted.  Makes me happy to see how they have doubled in size spreading through out the area..  Two bleeding hearts are beginning to show good growth.  They both bloom at the same time.  Pink and Blue.

The hole is the right size now.  Today Mr. Bluebird was a holy terror with the sparrows chasing them any chance he got.  Sparrows are Bluebird preditors cleaning out bluebird houses with eggs and the Mr. is into the fight already.  I think that's a great sign. 

I finished changing the protective ring on the bluebird hole. Both houses now have hole sizes that the bluebirds can use.  Dah.  No wonder the houses weren't used last summer.  Sad to say the hole is now big enough for sparrows. 

                I'm seeing more goldfinch every day.  Today 3 males were sparring for the niger seed.  


Just about every bed now has been prepared for the spring spring. Up and away little plants.  This week should be a warm one but it's only the first of April.  Well, Saturday I should say is April Fools Day.  My neighbor Kathy was out with her rake and her huge bag for spring clutter cleaning that she contributed to the burn pile. She drags that bag all over.  I call it her Linus bag instead of her Linus blanket.   I love seeing her interest in things that also interest me.  Gardening!  

Last fall, someone...Help...sent me some Lupine seed.  I immediately put them in the ground and they are in the process of seeing the world now.  Every day there are more.  They will take two years to bloom but if you are a blog reader jog my memory.  Thanks to whoever sent seeds last fall.  Next year should be wonderful if I can keep them alive this year.  

So that's it for Wednesday.  What an interesting day.  

Tomorrow is a work morning at church.  More things to do.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday