Tuesday.

 I'm thinking about Mendelssohn and his Elijah where the chorus sings...Thanks be to God, He waters the thirsty land.  My song is Thanks be to God, the day is almost over.  As you could tell, I was not looking forward to this day full of tests and questions and statements and just way too much stuff reminding me that the second attempt at riding the body of what doctors say is another cancer that is not like the first. But I must admit those at I U North made today's experience as easy as they could.  I am grateful.  It all started at 9:30 and ended at 2:30 with three different departments doing what needed to be done.  I am ready for surgery..  No phone calls concerning blood work indicating otherwise help me to believe brings on May 30th.  

This is a super example of bluebird neatness.  Last fall my neighbor bagged his pine needles and gave them to us.  I covered the paths in the garden with needles.  Now some are in their house.  No grass, no weeds, no trash just needles.  They doubled the amount today.  Still no eggs.  Maybe tomorrow.  


I had about an hour after the second appointment for lunch.  There was a wonderful variety of cafeteria food all looking good but not tempting me in the least.  So I sat at a table in the lobby watching people.  A friend I hadn't seen for years, Sue Dillon caught my eye and we had the best visit ever both of us talking as fast as we could. What a God-given diversion bringing back many wonderful memory of times we worked on projects.  It couldn't have been better.  I am blessed to have Sue as a friend. 

                                Baptisma or sometimes called false indigo just starting to bloom.                                                     This spring I bought a false indigo that is yellow.  I think there is a pink one.


During the daily radiation treatments after the first surgery, I would often stop at Rosie's Garden shop on the way home to clear my mind and add good thoughts.  It's a beautiful place to see beautiful flowers.  So today on the way home I stopped at Rosie's again.  It's a place that washes me clean putting my mind in a good place.  The hanging baskets were so healthy and showed every color imaginable, hanging high above tables of plants. And then another surprise seeing Gwen Nipstine, the school nurse during my last years of teaching.  We caught up on just about everything. Another gift coming my way. Today, finding some pond plants was the goal. I purchased two that will flower sometime during the summer.  They are in the pond now ready to be pretty. 




Much to my delight the chipmunk I saw running through the garden a couple of days ago has been moved to the woods. I'm assuming it was the same one.   I hope he meets all the other chipmunks from the garden that has been moved there in previous years.  I named this chipmunk Uno.  I'm sure there will be more.  

Beautiful dianthus in many shades of pink and some with a splash of white are interspersed with thyme.          A sure sign that we're not in the full blow of summer.  It's been a long wonderful spring. 

The weight of the day is gone.  It's clear sailing with lots to do until next Tuesday. Sunday is Pentecost...my favorite Sunday of the year.  Then we'll be decorating for the LGBTQ month of June.  I think I got all the letters.   And then on May 30th, I'm anticipating a little hick-up.  I'll share one answer to my many questions the hospital doctor explained quite well.  The question...how can this procedure be outpatient.  She said the word Covid.  Breast cancer surgery during Covid could not be delayed.  So the surgeons changed their practices which lead to new successful procedures in their surgery operation.  Success continued with post-operation days completed at home rather than in the hospital in an attempt to keep patients safe from Covid.  Makes sense to me.  Always learning...So the plan is to arrive at the hospital for the hick-up around 9 and be home by 12.  I think it will happen.  Wallah!!!! two weeks of taking it easy will follow.  

The garden is watered again and now the CHAIR and a little TV.  May 23 will soon be gone forever. I learned a lot today about myself.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday