Wednesday.

 Another interesting day with a lot of variety.  I left home around 8:30 heading for church.  I needed to measure the width of the sanctuary.  That was easy to do.  The floor tile is a foot square so just count the tile and divide by three.  Heidi was waiting on the porch for her ride and off we went east to Marvins.  We learned a whole lot about 38th Street.  Woo...they have it all dug up, doing a repave which has been needed for years.  Cars can go east but not west. We turned south at some point to 30th Street and then again east to Marvin's Wholesale Florist Supplies.  I wanted Heidi to see this place that supplies some things we use.  We had a great time looking at spools of ribbons for Gay Pride month and florist paper used to cover pots at Easter and Christmas.  We also bought light weight wire. Then back to church the whole way on 30th street.  Another detour at Meridian Street reminded us that it is summer in Indy.  It's a far trip to Marvin's but a trip that needed to happen. 

Arriving back at church we pulled out banners and other red fabric that will find its place tomorrow morning with a few friends coming to decorate for Pentecost.  Another work day will be next Monday.with packing away Pentecost red and putting up a set of banners that will hang during the month of June.  

            The box is almost full.  There is no way I can tell if blue eggs have appeared at this point.  

I got home around 1 after stopping at the Reef looking for simple goldfish.  They hand none but will see delivery on Friday.  I think the pond is ready for a few fish.    

It was a simple afternoon checking the garden.  It seems that something is in the ground eating the tiny root hairs of the little zinnias.  Sometimes gardeners just can't win.  I watered tonight hoping for the best outcome for the butterflies.  I did some dusting which I hope will make a difference. 

                     We have two very old peony bushes that usually have 2 flowers each year.                                              This year this bush has put on a great show with a bunch of flowers.  


Each spring I find that the Heuchera have birth new plants.  Tonight I found two and transplanted them to a new place.  I love finding new plants unexpectedly that appear with no help.  How lucky I am.



Supper was salad on the patio watching the bluebirds fly in and out along with some sparrows building a nest high in another pine bush.  They seemed to be carrying just about anything to the building site.  They certainly could learn a thing or two from the bluebirds.  The pileated woodpecker continues to visit two or three times a day. Reminds me of the road runner. Lucky us!   I hope to get a picture soon.


Comments

  1. Your pileated has found my suet feeder! So much fun to watch. SJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I supposed to notify you when I write a comment?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday