July 24 Monday.

 The morning started way too early.  Dee, I beat you up by nearly two hours.  My new hormone smasher pill has something to do with the lack of sleep.  I did some googling during those night hours to learn more about this latest pill coming my way. It will be with me for 5 years

            Look carefully or you will miss one of two cute little friends I spotted in the garden tonight.                                               Wee little bunnies no longer than three inches at the most.  

I met Eric again and left him to catch the bus in Nora.  Then I was on the way to my primary care doctor to talk about many things.  She's up to date and I am the better for it.  I stopped at the drugstore to check on some iron pills.  They didn't come in. but later today was the word.  Then breakfast time, crossword time, and all the usual stuff.  

      A new color on an old theme.  Always fun to see what the color will be when the plant matures. 

Midmorning Doug and I went to the library to return books and get a few more to read on our camping chairs.  I have four, and Doug has about the same.  I'm sure we'll run out of reading material.  There are a ton of other things to do.  

                        The Hibiscus will be busy for a long time.  These are dinner plate-size flowers. A concern from a gardener on facebook was expressed when she shared that her Hibiscus flowers were falling off early.  That's what a Hibiscus does.  Their flowers last no longer than a day or two. 

Early afternoon another trip to the doctor.  This time the foot doctor with another yeast toenail check.  The solution to this problem is taking forever.  Another round of three months of medication...A total of six and there will be more topical ointment for 6 months.  This is a marathon.

                        This cabbage head is working it's way to harvest showing white color in the head.                                          The leaves are tight and the head is hard.  It soon will be ready for eating. 

Another trip back to the drugstore for iron pills.  TOMORROW!  Getting all the pills in a row for vacation is not easy.  After the iron, there is one more pill to go.  Walgreens has changed their procedure adding more hoops to jump through.  I'm sure there is a reason.  It better be a good one. The Carmel Walgreens suggested we go to one of their stores in the U P.  Well, we could but it's a 50-mile one-way trip to the nearest one.  I would rather use my time sitting on a camp chair by the lake than taking a 100-mile ride in the van. 

The cucumber plants are producing well.  The rain with additional watering, cucumbers being 90% water, keeps them growing. Picking them forces the plant to send out more flowers making more cucumbers.  

By 4 pm I was dragging my body through the motions of living.  Sleep should be easy tonight. A great juicy hamburger for supper with of course 3/13 which started on the patio but we ended the game in the kitchen.  It was a cool rain reminding us of rain on the dining fly while camping.  

A few more days of preparation and we'll be back sitting on the showers of Lake Superior where we found this wonderful driftwood piece.  Perennial sweetpeas are sitting alongside the wood.  We find sweetpeas growing in the abandoned ghosted towns once occupied by men working the copper mines. Basil is at the right of the wood.  

Another evening of quiet with a little TV and I'm sure some nod-offs.  Tomorrow, a next-to-final camping push. We're almost there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday