Saturday.

 Busy day.  That's what I like.  

Up and at it early.  Well, 7 something.  Not so early.  I forgot to get the paper from the box so no crossword finished early.  Happened in the afternoon with a brain that got stuck more than once.  

The morning was a fun one getting the church space ready for Bob Schilling's 90th birthday party.  Woo, woo. I can't post any pictures because Bob reads the blog.  Good to remember that.  So hang in there Bob. Surprises are coming. Bob's daughter Jennifer is here from Washington St. and his son Derek is here from Switzerland.  His other two sons live here in Indiana. Rita's two daughters live here in Indy. It's been a busy few days for the Schilling family already.

                                Three colors of Asters blooming.  What a beautiful fall flower!

I looked in on the sanctuary while at church and since tomorrow is World Wide Communion Sunday I changed the pulpit hanging and dressed the altar before I left.  I also brought home many many bud vases that will be used next Sunday.  Tomorrow's theme is God as the Shepherd.  Next Sunday's theme is God as the gardener.  So there will be flowers, grasses, and baskets of fruits and vegetables in the altar area.  The children of the church will be dressing the chancel area with more flowers during the opening hymn.  I've got to be ready with filled vases on Saturday when we put this all together.  

                           I'll be watching these flowers for a few days. Next Sunday should be a fun Sunday.

Back home again at 12:30 for lunch and a walk around the garden snipping again.  

The afternoon was full of P T and crossword and filling two vases for next Sunday.  Knowing how long the flowers will last tells me what day of the week I should fill vases with flowers.  The asters are a bit of a question.  A call to Amy sharing next Sunday's plans happened.  She'll help with the children.

I'm not quite sure what's going on with this little friend.  He's not very active and lets me come quite close.  Another chipmunk took a ride this afternoon joining his buddy in the woods

Pill bottles were filled again so that the body could be at its best.  And there was icing, not on cupcakes but my knee, the water kind, after PT happened.  Just one of those usual Saturdays preparing for next week.  

It's going to be a slow and easy evening.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday