Monday

 

                                                A miniature iris with the morning sun.

The morning started a bit late with a late wake-up.   The reason?  Perhaps because the night had another glitch with the electricity.  Meaning that there was time spent in the chair again   Today the big boys are in the neighborhood with the big boy toys. It's been an all day event. 

                                                                        A big boy toy.

This is one of many toys stationed at the bottom of the hill.  There has been quite a lineup of toys I can't name.   The bottom of the hill is in the flood plain.  You guessed it...water in the buried electrical box so it seems. A whole lot of pumping and then bigger trouble arrived.  You have heard...Call before you dig!  It seems that part was forgotten and a city water pipe was broken around noon.   More water and the repair has been a challenging one. No repair would do.  It needed to be replaced.  If it weren't for bad luck, they had no luck at all.  One good thing has been the weather.  Another beautiful fall day for working.  I'll end it at that with the hope that tonight I can forget about the chair. 


                            Stunning.  I took the picture from below this branch of maple leaves.  

So it was a slow morning.  I uncovered the peppers.  All was well but beautiful Mexican Sunflowers took a direct hit.  They just aren't very tough.  There was white stuff on the ground but not very much.  I think we missed the bullet.  I had time to take some wonderful pictures with the sun in just the right place. 

                                                Three peppers among a host of other friends. 

I spent the early afternoon at the foot doctor's office. He was really late for this 1 p.m. appointment. He must have been out shopping! The fungus among us is still very persistent.  There have been six months of treatment and I think one more three months should see it gone.  More painting with medication two times a day should be done.  We talked a bit about his upcoming trip to Nairobi to work in one of the hospitals for a couple of weeks.  I can take late.  His heart is in the right place.  His body just wasn't today. 

     Doug started this rose from a cutting long before we were married.  It could be at least 60 years old.      It fits right in with us old folks. 

I spent time at a close to the doctor's Aldi's getting more stuff we were out of.  That happens way too often but I can live with it.  I was really surprised how busy the store was on a Monday afternoon.  

                    The hens have a few chicks alongside.  I'm hoping for more chicks next summer.   

Needless to say but I'll say it anyway.  No sewing today.  No time.  There will be more later for sure but my hands are reliving all the work that happened last week.  They have earned a rest today. Home  PT continued today.  That got a break over the weekend.  Onward and forward to another PT session tomorrow.  I'm seeing a whole lot of improvement with everything that has been assigned.  Getting up off the floor is much easier after a home session. Less grunting.  

And to answer the riddle sent to the Michigan kids which they needed help solving...These two rocks were found in the yard today after some digging by the men with their toys.  We can say they are also found in the U P of Michigan. .  The clue was a package from the U P. arrived some time ago.

A lovely granite rock.  34 lb
Have you seen a huge truck able to vacuum out pipes that might be plugged with debris?  It's a huge vacuum cleaner sort of truck with a huge round container on the back.  The granite rock was sucked into that container.  I don't think I'd like to stand near.  


                                                                  Vained Gneiss. softball size
                                      I highly recommend this kind of rock hunting for old people. 

Football in America tonight!  It's greatly anticipated that I will spend the whole night in my toasty bed.  The third time in the chair is not a charm! It's 7 PM and the men with their toys are still working. 

                                        One of the toys, a picture taken earlier in the day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday