Monday.

 A day at home.  Yeah.  Well with the exception of getting Eric to the bus stop at Nora.  It's one of those cold rainy mornings when it's not such a hot idea to ride the bike to work.  Can't blame him a bit and it's a mom-son time.  Love it. 

 

                My favorite sewing tool was gifted to me by Kimmy and Jared about twenty years ago.                                                                             And I still have it. 

It was a slow morning that made one want to stay cloistered somewhere warm and quiet.  I chose the sewing room of course working with the hum of the machine, the snipping of the scissors, and the satisfaction of producing something new mothers would need for baby care. Twenty cloths were added to the stash today with 10 more ready for sewing tomorrow.  We're nearing 100 again. 

           .      Yesterday I had so much fabric to use.                             Today, it seems to be used.

One of the Goodwill flannel sheets was short in width.  I needed about 3 more inches to make the best use of the fabric.  So the solution was to take out the two side hems.  What a pain.  Those hem stitches are sewn in to stay but with persistence and patience, both side seams have been opened.  No wasted fabric for me.  More burp cloths will be coming off the sewing machine.

The supper was warmed over chili.  I'm getting tired of cooking and think it's time for a Needlers Pot Pie.  Tomorrow it's lunch with my old teaching buddies of many years ago and then another afternoon PT.  I've got to keep this body in working order.  No shuffling off now. 

Last night was frost-free but tonight I'm sure it's to come.  I clipped the last of the Zinnias for the kitchen table. 

                                    Pussy Willows from the spring and the end of the fall Zinnias. 

And the card game?  Once again my score was outdoing Doug's.  Poor guy. It's commendable that he continues to try. My time is coming.

                                            Would you say your seeing lots of spuds.

The Michigan potato crop 2023.  They do like potatoes.  This winter's experiment involves building a garbage can cold cellar. I think they could use more than one can.  They will be picking their seed potatoes from this year's harvest.  I think I see onions in the picture. Besides potatoes, there was a whole lot of digging for sure. I found more cold cellar information by googling.  


                            The potatoes will be packed in something like sawdust inside the can.                             There always seems to be some experiment going on at this little farm near Midland Michigan.                          There also is a newly built cold frame that should prove to be of interest this winter. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday