Saturday

 It was a rough early morning start at 4 a.m.  Way too early.  Sounds like the name of a program on MSNBC. That show starts at 5 every weekday morning. I've been yawning all day and fell asleep around 4 p.m. after a PT floor session.  The day was a drag.  

I was out the door for Bread and Bowl at 8:30.  I should have been a little earlier.  There was trouble with the Monumental Marathon as I got closer to church.  Lots and lots of people trying to qualify for the Boston Marathon.  But I found my way through.  Workers coming later had more trouble.  Church seems to be in the middle of the runners every year.  

Another big flannel sale. My ability to say no needs to be strengthened. 



There are no altar flowers for tomorrow so I cut some grasses and hosta leaves and arranged that at the altar and then it was time for the Community Room Bread and Bowl preparation..  We were busy and had no time to spare before opening at 11 a.m.  But we were ready!  Lots of folks joined us and there was plenty of food for the noon meal having ordered the sixth pan of food from Second Helpings.  

    The bird's feeders needed refilling.  That was all but the suet.  Mr. Downy was well taken care of. 

I was back home by 12:45 happy to have time to sit a spell.  I did a bit of sewing during those early morning hours and good grief...I ran out of thread.  Mid afternoon I visited JoAnn again and bought more thread and a couple pieces of flannel.  I made it to Glendale's Goodwill and found another flannel sheet.  Lucky for me.  There will be more Burps for sure.  

               Another bargain for 3.99. A whole lot of babies will be taken care of with this big sheet.                                                 My Michigan family will be shopping their Goodwills soon. 


There was a long nap making up for that early morning hour.  The walk in the garden produced a few pictures but the number is limited.  I'll blame it on October.  

Two little nigellas are blooming while growing under the picnic table.  Such delicate flowers.  

There are no big plans for the evening and the hope is that tonight sleep during the dark time is a bit longer than last night.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday