Sunday.

 What a day of ups and downs.  Thank goodness the ups lasted a whole lot longer than the downs.  So I would say the day was mostly good.  

Up early.  Well, last night was a bust.  The power went off around 9:30.  No storm. No accident was reported.  No explanation.  It just went away quietly not to return for a long time.  We went outside for a while to check on the meteor shower.  It was supposed to be a good one.  It didn't show either.  It was to bed without the cpac machine.  That was a bust waking up around 1 breathing like I was not supposed to be breathing.  That was a panic time for sure.  So back to the chair as it happened when recuperating from the first surgery with no cpac machine.   Finally at 1:40 power appeared from somewhere again.  I snapped on the machine and the rest of the night was much better.  Tonight should be even better. 

Today of course was church day.  The 100 burps went to Ginny.  For some reason it makes me think of the 100-acre woods!  Ginny suggested a new sewing venture and of course, I said yes.  It's cover-ups for nursing mothers.  Gee Whiz.  If a Goodwill mother wants to nurse her baby I certainly would like to be part of making that happen.  This afternoon after looking online for what is a coverup, this is the results. 

              This pretty fabric was a gift from  Beth G years ago  Time to use it all up for a good cause.  

Late this afternoon I also covered up the sweet peppers.  I'm reading that there will be a frost tonight.  I have my doubts since the phone says the low will be  38.  No frost at that temperature.  I guess I could call the sheets Halloween decorations come to think of it. I want to make stuffed peppers this week.

            There are a few other things I could cover but at some point the Good Bye is inevitable.  

                                Three sweet little volunteer tomatoes are waiting at the door to be picked.  

Today we recognized Mark Gilgallon our choir director for his 20 years of musical guidance to North Church.  It was a heartfelt recognition with standing ovations and a reception following the second service.  Mark is a man of many talents in his life with the choir as well as having a big part in the team that plans our worship experience.  Today the first anthem was song by the choir with Mark singing a solo part.  Beautiful done is all I can say. 

Today's church service is one I look forward to all year long.  Death will only keep me away.  It's our annual healing service Sunday.  It's also the last in a series of images of God.  Today's theme was God as our healer.  The liturgy was awesome and the choir just outdid themselves with two wonderful anthems with words married with musical notes that brought the message alive. Amazing.  .Jermery Warriner shared his story of healing after a car accident that resulted in above the knees double leg amputations.  With new legs, he was able to climb the stairs to the pulpit for his presentation.  He talked about sitting in those same seats as a high school student.  Today was his first time back in that same spot.  His journey has been an amazing one followed and lived with long-time members.  It was a new experience for many since the accident 18 years ago. Darren carried the theme along to the healing service of oil and prayer. A wonderful service of healing.  

The second anthem   Lord Jesus, Think on Me.  Althouse

Lord Jesus, think on me and cast away my sin.                                                                                     From earthborn passions set me free and make me pure within.                                                             Lord Jesus, think on me with care and woe oppressed.                                                                             Let me your loving servant be and know your promised rest.                                                                 Lord Jesus, think on me, amid the battle's strife.                                                                                         In my time of need be my health and life.                                                                                                 Lord Jesus, think on me. Nor let me go astray.                                                                                  Through darkness and perplexity, guide me on your way.                                                                     Lord Jesus, think on me. 


You've heard two good uppers but the Colts have a downer.  I would say and my Cleveland friend agreed that the Colts really were winners.  The Refs just got in the way big time.  Two calls during the last minutes of the game just were a bit questionable.  So we're on to the next game.  BUT this one was a hard loss not by the players. Just questionable calls.  

I sewed in the afternoon just for a bit.  Walked the garden and watched a bit of the game. That was just about it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday