Monday Morning.

 

                            A lasting memory and one of the three lakes on the monastery property.  

Yes, it's morning and we're home again in Indiana.  Yesterday held a very long car ride and I'm thrilled it's over.  Long is hard to do in some cases.  We left the monastery at 8:10 and pulled into the Hillsdale Driveway at 7.  There was one stop for gas and that was all she wrote.  I didn't get out of the car so when I arrived in the home garage it was a funny sight.  I had to laugh at this decrepit body trying to walk again.  But the car was unpacked in record time with all put away also in record time. 

                                            Doug's stash will last for a very long time.                                                           The last purchase took about a year to disappear with the last very hard fudge sweetening the coffee.

What's left is fudge and biscotti, leftover food, and a whole lot of new memories.  We flew through downtown  Atlanta. The mountains in Tennessee were beautiful and the rain in Kentucky through to home wasn't so nice.  The shortcut leaving Chattanooga off the map was a route not to be forgotten.  That is not one of my favorite cities although we saw where the choo left its tracks and I hear the aquarium is fabulous.  At any rate, we're back home again in Indiana.  And it seems...

                                            The first buds on the Xmas Cactus.  Woo, woo!

Now thinking of what needs to happen here.  The plants have been watered.  The birds have been fed although what I found would indicate that there was not a big bird feast while we were gone.  The dentist has been called and I'll see her at 12:30 today.  It seems that this tooth has been a problem for a while My experience with this new dentist carries a few scars I'm dealing with but I don't want to try another dentist.  She has my records with Jim B of 50 years.  Fingers crossed again. I think I might have a little PTSD related to radiation. New dentists are not like the old.  That's for sure. 

Advent...why use palms at Advent.  Well, they are a plant of Bethlehem.  Why not.  There is a strong connection to the Jerusalem event so important in the life of Jesus.  No Christmas trees in the middle east as far as I know.  They are going to church tomorrow. 

I'm starting to think of the Advent church work that's coming tomorrow.  I'll be busy putting the final spin on all that needs to happen before Saturday.  The big gang will be helping.  The beat goes on.  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday