Thursday.

                    Two of four banners are found in the west entrance.  Words are taken from the Messiah

.                                                         Also in the west entrance. 

Well, today you might say it's more of the same as Tuesday and Wednesday.  I'll be out of the groove soon.  Maybe even tomorrow.  I told Doug that if the car takes me to church tomorrow it has the wrong program going. 

In the alcove in the west entrance. The white nativity set has been moved and replaced with 26 small nativities.  The donkey and lamb have been with us for years made by two parishioners who were proficient in set making. The palms are from our Palm Sunday worship service. Many Advent Christmas events are found on the bulletin board. The banner over the open window holds the words Star Child taken from one of my favorite Advent hymns. Many stars formed from mirror pieces are a part of the banner.
                                            The courtyard also received a touch of the season.

This morning it was an easy one with Eric on the bike for work.  I think he got blown back to Carmel tonight with the warm wind from the south.  So after the easy morning at home, I was in the car with the poinsettias for the altar. I hung the washed acolyte robes. Then another walk-through with the camera. And not long after that on the way back north.  Woo.  A morning at church!  Not an afternoon?   

One of the nativities that fill the window sills of the sanctuary.  This one is from Kenya and given to us by Joe and Sarah Ellen Mamlin who worked in medicine in Kenya for over 20 years. 

 The rest of the morning gave me time to rake some leathery oak leaves into the flowerbeds.  There are more to rake. I emptied one of the pine needle bags you saw being carried at the monastery. One more to go. Rain is on the way so I'll need to wait a few days.  Then I got a phone call and it was back to church for the second time.

More nativities were added in the afternoon.  There are so many unusual ones that caused a chuckle as I unwrapped them.  What a fun afternoon.  

A case we have tried to open for over a year finally had a key discovery.  The case demanded a clean out with the large white nativity finding a new home.  I tripped trapped up to the attic and found two more drawers of nativities that were added to a very big bare spot  Eeks. Getting everything in place has been declared done once more. 

                                                            Finally at home in the case!  

Then one of the banners fell in the sanctuary.  I think it was compromised when hung.  So I fixed that by hanging a new banner.  There's always a way to fix whatever needs fixing.  And that happened just as the group of guides for the Saturday event gathered at the west entrance. Woo a day of unplanned events that came together in a good way.  

Beautiful blues at the rear of the sanctuary. The Bethlehem star is surrounded by colorful musical notes.                                   Glory to God in the highest heard from the angels on that stary night. 

I was happy to have soup in the refrigerator for a quick supper that saw me wilting on the vine. But a little sitting took the wilt away. Once again the day was noted to be wonderful in so many ways. 

 

     Beautiful blues from the windows with blues across the chancel from the Advent candles to Mary.

Tomorrow the church is CLOSED!  The car cannot go there.  I'm safe at home with a head full of memories again. I'm blessed beyond measure. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday