Saturday.

 The day started a little different than the usual. that happens. Doug was up first.  And I was in the kitchen soon after with baked cookies.  Check the time on the stove.  Molasses cookies for breakfast.  Well, not quite but it could have happened.   


I did do some sewing wanting to close out with another 10 meaning that there were 7 in the stack already so it wasn't very hard to get to 10.  


                                                This is what 60 cover-ups look like.  

I sacked them up and loaded them in the car for delivery tomorrow to Ginny.  She'll take them on to Goodwill getting them to the right person.  Woo, I'm always glad to have them out of the house and on their way to helping someone who will use them.  All of the above took most of the morning. 


 Lunch was late and then looking at the full plate of cookies I decided that they needed to be shared.  All those cookies would have eventually been eaten here which was not a very healthy happening.  So down the road to R and B's.  They always accommodate and this time even daughter C received the suggestion that two cookies were enough for her.  Yum, Yum.  I think Mommy R Bear emerged to protect her cookies.  Add a little milk and you have got a great deal. 

I stopped at Goodwill on the way home and found a beautiful white flannel sheet with gray snowflakes for the good old price of 3.99. It's thick with fiber and perfect for burps.  I'll combine it with the penguins I found a few weeks ago. 


The weather told me that I needed some fresh air so I checked out just about everything outside more than once finding more changes.  The ground under the fingernails felt so good.  Between the yard rake, garden hoe, and dirty hands I made a start in the spring of 2024 garden work.  Yahoo.  It's a new year!  


  This little weed always thinks it needs to show up every year.  It breaks off easily from its roots when pulled so the hoe did the job this afternoon.  Some may call it pretty but it's a pest to me. Now if it had flowers I might think differently.  

This little patch is where our asparagus grows.  The area was covered with many "pretty" green weeds that you just heard me rant about.  The hoe again did the job today.  Asparagus roots are deep so no injury to that wonderful vegetable.  Weed early is the trick. I may need to weed again before we see the first crop of the spring treat. I've got to check on my supply of preen. 


                Japanese ferns starting to pop up.  Finding these is a first-time event for me.                                          I am sure they will stay like this for a long time.  They are one of those latecomers. 


Now isn't this just pretty.  The sun was low in the west and I found this moss on a brick that lines the garden.  I think it's enjoying the warm afternoon. 
     I'm finding a few more buds but NO open flowers.  Well, why should I?  Lent starts on the 14th.                                                                      This Lenten Rose is pretty smart. 

It was a super day with a little of everything.  Well, maybe not quite but pretty close I would say. Tomorrow's weather should be pretty much what we had today.  Now isn't that nice says the church lady. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday