Wednesday

 A day that's been a little slow.  I guess that's OK now and then.  

The morning included a yucky bird feeder clean out.  I got tired of looking at it and it was almost empty so there was my chance.  The blue bird was seen often and the pair of red bellied wood peckers enjoyed the suet.  I saw on facebook a guard that is easy to put together to keep sparrows out of the blue bird house.  It's worth a try made with wire and fishing filaments and fishing weights.  I need a wire cutter first.  

                                                    For a while both Mr. and Mrs. were visiting. 

Then it was to the sewing machine.  The day produced three bags.  I need to get the collection on their way to Michigan.  I made a couple for the Carmel grandsons.  The pace was slowed with a finger cut with the rotary cutter.  What a bleeder I produced.  I will say this is the first slash I gave myself in more than ? years of sewing.  I think it's time for a fresh dressing and a change in what I'm doing for a while. 

A sewing project of a few years ago.  Some went to North Church Babies.  Many, many more went to Kenya for the orphan babies.  Others went to friends for their grandchildren.  I loved making these bibs. And of course the Goodwill Babies got their fair share.

There was a bit of TV watching and a walk in the garden.  It was a short one for sure.  That NORTH wind is a chilly one today.  Today I spotted the bleeding heart back with us again.  How appropriate.  It goes with the finger.  More bluebells are popping through.  I found a few more weeds. 


                        Not this far along yet but showing new growth to say I survived the winter. 

I tripped to the post office late afternoon to avoid the crowd with a small collection of little card playing bags for Kimmy.  She should have enough bags now for her card games.  

I dressed the finger for the second time.  It's a icky looking mess.   Thank goodness it doesn't hurt.  I think I'm one lucky person.

This post will be short.  The sliced finger that is being used for typing has a bandage that looks like a mini baseball bat for protection.    Way to many d's and c's and e's in this post. 

I'm moving on to cooking with the hope that it's safer. 

Comments

  1. does Doug have a wire cutter? Although maybe you should wait to make sure you use it for wires and not for any pesky fingers. . . Would a butterfly bandage (or whatever they are called) be a help?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Thursday