Friday

 First...a little bit about last night.  The northern lights were the topic for almost all my friends.  There were texts, pictures and we saw them around 10:30.  The pink was even visible without the camera for a short while I was out.  My pictures aren't so hot but I did get a few.  A little more tutoring might have helped.  

  From our patio.  Way to many lights in the front of the house.  I have another picture with light green. 

                                    This is from Jared's back yard near Midland Michigan.

Judy B reported that there was color that completely covered the sky from North to South and East to West.  With not an electric light anywhere she sent wonderful pictures.  

So this morning was the same old same old for breakfast.  It works pretty good so I'll stay with it until I can't.  I did more ripping and sewing this morning.  The machine was on better behavior, but I didn't push it very hard.  I was happy and I think the machine was happy.  

Since the week was almost over, I decided that if a walk was going to happen, I'd better get on it.  And I did.  It went well with Stella as a helper.  I passed one of the yards having some interesting Halloween reminders.  


I'm not sure what this 12th man can do. I love the cooler.  

With great motivation I decided to tackle what I called another messy place yesterday in the blog post. 
I loaded a wheelbarrow full of Susans, dug out some more Susans.  Found steppingstones that were totally covered .  and did a hard raking getting to the bottom of all the stuff that needed to be found.  


Late afternoon the job was finished after a few breaks to do some other things.   It's ready for the snow although I left the snapdragons alone.  Sometimes they bloom late in the fall again.  That's an easy fix at some point. They are sitting on top of the Blue Bells.  They will be gone by spring for sure.

There was time for a pill run to Walgreens.  Then a grocery run to Aldi's.  Doug passed on the library run by renewing his books online.  If there had been a doctor run, I would have remarked that including all of those things listed are what retired old folks do for entertainment. There is not much time for anything else.

Somewhere in the afternoon, I found a few minutes to make a pot of chili for supper.  I should say we each had a bowl and the rest will go in the freezer for another day.  
I added a little cinnamon.  Something I learned about at the church fall festival chili cook off. 

Tomorrow is my Saturday to work at the church soup kitchen.  I'll leave around 8 and be busy as a bee.  That's busy if you know bees.  It was a great day again with a visit with a neighbor on my walk and a phone call from Celia B.  Such fun talking with friends. 

Yes Dee, you are right about a name.  I think it was Norbert.  I need to think of a new name or one that includes Norbert.  Next project...clearing paths of weeds.  More pine needles from the monastery? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Saturday.