Saturday

 The last day of the week all day.  Woo. Woo.  It started early for me, and I'll add it started early for Doug but I beat his early by far.  Ms. Daisy was on her way to church at 8 am for the Saturday meal making, arriving at 8:30.  More folks came to work clocking in at what I felt was a time that would make meeting the 11 o'clock deadline difficult.  That proved to be true.  I was exhausted trying to cover all that was uncovered.  My plan is to have everything pretty much ready at 10:30 and then have time to rest and visit.  Today we barely made the 11 o'clock deadline.  There also was an unbelievable amount of extra food that needed attention.  Not enough workers today for sure for everything.  But everyone got a meal.  It was a healthy number eating with us.  

Doug picked me up at 12:15.  Clean-up was happening, and I went on my way home leaving it for others to complete. 

So the afternoon was resting and then working, resting and working. It was time to work on the path that snakes through the garden in back of the house.  


                                            This is the starting picture.  Messy, messy.


And after a whole lot of scraping and digging and picking up with more scraping, the path is pretty much clean again.  I need to do more with the edging of rocks, but I'm really satisfied with the progress this far. I worked out a lot of frustration that I carried home from the morning work. Communication could be better. 

                                   I did a little messing with some of the northern lights pictures. 
                                                                Taken from the patio.


                                                And this one came from the U P of Michigan. 
   
 So the rest of the afternoon was all about football.  Purdue didn't do so well.  I think that's not a surprise this year.  The chair felt good and was well used. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Saturday.