Tuesday

It's been a slow picture day.  Please excuse me!

            Frost is predicted for Thursday night.  Then they are all memories.  I'm hoping to get lucky.

 I should have known it was coming.  After two days of a whole lot of this and that, today was a bit slower.  Not slow, just slower.  It was an early wake up with a banana for breakfast over time.  I did some fabric cutting or should I say tearing.  

        It's crazy how this picture makes me happy.  You might or might not understand.  That's OK.

A little after 10 we were on the way to my yearly meeting with Dr. Moore.  And that went well.  It's one of those yearly things that goes after big surgery.  Today he suggested that I was in good hands and could move on without him if that was OK with me.  I really like this guy but agreed that taking up his time with me just wasn't what he or I needed.  I told him that his iPhone tel. number would not be deleted.  Dr. Moore is an ear, nose and throat and head and neck surgeon.  He did all the planning for the first surgery getting all in place that was needed to remove the tumor from my head.  So, we talked for a while.  He takes trips to eastern Kenya with other doctors operating on those who need him.  He's doing that again in a couple of days.  He stayed with my Mamlin friends at Eldoret a few years ago. It's a small world.

                I used up some odds and ends and stuck to the number 10. That really makes sense. 

It was back home again with plans for an easy day.  I did more sewing adding another 10 burps.  The machine is poking along and tomorrow it's going to the machine doctor at Select Sewing to get an evaluation and prognosis. I want good news. 

                Poor thing.  At least 20 years of sewing.  I'm wondering how many miles that might be.                                           I know it was spools and spools of thread and some broken needles.  

Outside was off limits for most of the day with only one short walk this morning.  There was off and on rain and the temperature was chilly.  I wore two long sleeved shirts all day.  Tomorrow the furnace man is coming to do his thing and then I'll have the on button turned on.  

Grandson Adam had his big knee surgery this morning for a torn ACL.  Last year a concussion kept him off the soccer field and this year it's the knee injury.  Both events happened during a game. That's a lot of trauma for a high school kiddo.  His concussion injury is still causing some problems.  A phone call got a great hello and of course grandma told him to follow directions.  

           Ready to go to surgery.  Arrived at 6 and was home around 12 and ready for recuperation. I hope!

I'm going to do a little more fabric marking and then it's the chair and TV again.  Slow days can be good days and this one was.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Saturday.