Saturday

 For todays blog I'm sharing pictures with the color orange found in the garden.  I think it is a "punch" color adding to the garden a little spice in nature. 

But first...another Michigan vacation picture arrived today. One week gone.  One week to come.

                                                    Eli                Adam               Jacob                                                                               When the boys were named their parents had no idea I had an Uncle Eli and Adam                                                                             and a grandfather Jacob. 
                I'm sure Jared is happy to have three stronger backs doing all the carrying back to the car. 

Three grandsons each with different sleeve shirts that really tell a whole lot about who they are.  Now  each are carrying a bag full of important stamp sand and ground influenced from long ago copper mining.  These bags will go home with them, receive a sifting many times removing rocks and debris and then be used as a brown glaze for their pottery.  It's amazing gift from the earth. The brown color is fabulous.  Potter Dennis showed them where to dig years ago.  And they have. 
            And yes.  Jared turned this mug on the wheel.  His stamp is on the bottom of the mug.

                                                    More magic comes from the kiln.



A new record maybe for the year 2026.  I put my feet on the floor at 8 AM.  Woo.  Yesterday was a full one with a lot of responsibility.  Guess I'm not use to that last word.  At last being responsible for someone else. The morning still started way before Doug's.  



Once again the weather was super duper nice to be outside.  The garden cart followed me to the tomatoes.  It seems the current tomatoes are two high for the bunnies.  Well, speaking of bunnies...three little ones said hello to me as I appeared in their clover yard.  Now back to tomatoes.  Clearing out extra leaves was the issue this morning.  They were so thick there was no way the flowers could be pollinated. Well, since I'm not a bug I really don't know but that seems to be the case with flowers higher up on the tomato plant.  So the cart was loaded with T. leaves. The sun also can get to the plant and the plant now giving all it's energy to TOMATO growing not leaves.





I cleaned away a few other things and tied up a lot of flopping artemisia.  The Dahlias got a once over.  More plants were tied to their stake.  I think I've completed that job.  Other things were checked on and seemed to be doing fine.  The garden was tended for the day. The Becky's looked stunning.

Lunch happened and there was a nap filling the energy bucket emptied this morning.  The scarf that was started a few days ago got some attention with the more than half way completed mark noted.  It makes me a bit curious about what new yarn selections might be in the store.  I think there might be a trip to solve that curiosity yen as well as slip two more books in the return slot at the library.  The refrigerator yogurt selection is at zero.  It's my life line.  There will be an Aldi's trip for a few important things.



                                         So the afternoon was filled with a little of this and that.  

                          I bought more yarn. The reason...I'm getting ready for winter!  Really?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Monday