Thursday.


This will be short with only one huge event of the day.

These are rocks painted by one of IU North's nurses, available for the picking at the I U North Cancer Center.  At my Monday visit, I chose another one for Ramona.  The message...It is well with my soul that also included a butterfly.  It is small and I hope someday Ramona can see it.  

Well, today I would say was a totally Ramona day.  So, we met again.  It was a halleluiah day for everyone with her singing the Halleluiah choirs after the surgery was finished.  What a girl.  
        An after supper picture with the sun in the west. Just a few Holly's left.  They have been a treat!

I met her mid morning not quiet dressed but we got that finished with shoes on and the light weight chair with wheels, easier to lift into the car.  We were on our way.  I think I've mentioned how far one needs to drive from her temporary home to Community East.  I allowed 1 and 1/2 hour for the trip and it took every minute of that as well as the 40 minutes from our house to her residence.  That alone makes a long day.  I survived just as she did. We arrived at 10:45, surgery began at 12 and by 3 we were on our way back home again with one happy Ramona and one relieved Lela.  During the process there were texts to her daughters as the day progressed trying to keep them with us in spirit if not in body. 

                                                                  Cup plants are blooming.
 

Olivia requested a video and I took a two minute one with her singing.  Little did I know about videos but I know more now.  One problem as most people know...it was 2 minutes and way to long to send.  So I was off to the younger Russell's after supper who broke the video up into four sections and we sent them on to the girls.  Another bridge crossed of which there have been many bridge crossings with Ramona. 

Before leaving her, she changed into comfortable clothes and climbed into bed for a long sleep.  And I almost did the same although it was in the chair and not so long but long enough.  

Supper happened with a delicious egg salad in a bed of lettuce topped with parsley, tomatoes and cucumbers cold and crispy from the garden.  It was a welcomed change from our usual garden salad. I looked for more rabbit damage seeing none.  I think the current tomatoes will survive being higher off the ground.  


The blog entry was made and the end of the day belonged to me.  I thought today would be a lot of long sitting by myself.  It was not.  I thought I might need some self entertainment so I started knitting a scarf again.  Tonight I can untangle what looks like a lot of yarn tangles.  Some things you win, some you loose.  Tomorrow I see Ramona again for a follow-up visit to the doctor.  It's a longer drive but a shorter visit. The next visit will be a week from tomorrow.  Pray the healing continues.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Monday