Saturday
The work part of the morning started with doing one more thing to number six banner. What is left to do is sew on the material that when hung the pole that hangs banners in the sanctuary has a place to go. That's an easy thing to do but it must be correct or the banner will not hang straight. Yikes I don't need that kind of problem to happen. Patty will come this afternoon and take the whole bunch back home to add her touch next week when Tom is off fishing. So with that all in mind...What was the task for today after the sewing machine was turned off? That wasn't hard to see. Time to clean up.
That really started last night while I was watching TV. The condition of the floor with fabric scraps, thread and who knows what else was there was driving me nuts. So at 9:30 I retrieved the sweeper from it's often hidden place and ran it until the two rooms I was using for the project at least had a cleaner floor.
So, today's work was just plain cleaning up, moving things and throwing out stuff that had no business being here. That even moved to all three rooms on this upper level of our house. On the back seat of the car are two bags for Good will. B. Blue got a couple of contributions and the dust bunnies are a few less along with spiders and spider webs..
The next job was going through some of the fabric containers. I did a bit of sorting and discovered I had more fabric than I had remembered. Some are small pieces and some big. Jenni has asked for floor blankets for exercising babies just giving them a clean place on the floor to be. I should tackle that. It's should have, would have, could have. And I should. But not today. I'm beginning to feel those legs that are tired so finishing this bin of fabric sorting should end the fabric work.
This afternoon I'm watching football as I work and now that the girls are playing Time to do a little green chair work. The Fever were fabulous last night. Well for sure in the second half. Things weren't so pretty in the first half. But the two great hot shot Fever players came thought. There might even have been the third, come to think of it. There are more games tonight. Fun, fun.
There was more rain today. The flooding is continuing. White River has never been so high. A couple of years ago there was a great engineering feat in Indianapolis with a huge dike built along the river for miles as it meandered through the city. That has been a critical help during this week of rain. But the flooding still has been monumental in many places through out the city and in other places in central Indiana.
So, blogging has given me a rest and I need to find the chair after the plain fabric sorting has been finished and back in the sewing room. No other big projects for the day. I did take a break today and now am enjoying all the flowers that are at various places in the house in Dennis and Jared vases. I'm blessed in many ways with friends, those being both people and flowers.
Comments
Post a Comment