Thursday
So far the day is without storms. Will it stay that way. I certainly don't know but maybe you do.
I would say it was a morning of sewing. All morning. I have heard from choir members and I know they speak the truth having been one myself, that when banners are hung, they see a plain piece of fabric hanging on each side of the sanctuary. Often when decorating has been done the balcony doesn't show any interest. That's their line of sight. So with that in mind, the morning was spent working on all six backings of the banners with more strip quilting in progress. And that was completed. So with both sides now near completion it's time to think of what needs to happen inside the banner to give it some weight that produces good hanging. The material can't be something that will sag over time. It can't be to heavy or to light but just right as Goldilocks would say.
I think the next stop might be Goodwill to see if they have a solution. Sometimes that happens. But sometimes not. I've thought of bath towels. I've thought of flannel. There are a lot of options. I just need to decide what is the right one. Over the years our church banners have needed repairs meaning I've taken some apart to correct problems. I've found a lot of different things depending on how the inside helps or doesn't help the outside. Some of these problems happen just because banners age just like people. Fabrics changes with time. So I'll give this part of banner construction my best guess and go with it.
So that took care of the morning hours. There was lunch. The mowers arrived and when they had finished I thought it was time to do a garden walk. That turned into a garden hour or so of work. There was evidence of the storm so the little garden cart followed me out and I made two contributions to B Blue. I uncovered a lot of stuff but still the garden is full but looking now like it's been to the beauty parlor with all the extra, out of place and over the top stuff gone. I think they should be breathing a sign of relief. I can see more work ahead with the daisy's saying in a week or so, "I'm done for the season. Yes, I talk to them and they talk right back. One always has a friend or two waiting in the garden.
After the garden, there was a protein drink and somehow unexpectedly of course some zzzz. That really felt good. And the afternoon was a whole lot slower than the morning. I played a bit with the banners and decided two layers of flannel might be a good choice. With no trip needed to Goodwill I found enough flannel in the flannel box with flannel left to make more burps one of these days, weeks or months! Six flannel pieces are ready to become the inside of the banners.
So the rest of the afternoon found me on the green chair feeling like the energy bucket was empty. It's been a great day of accomplishments. Another supper is around the corner and then I'm sure football will be the evening entertainment along with more WNBA. Life is good. And what even makes it better is that I'll see grandson Andrew tomorrow who hopefully will bring pictures back to the blog. Fingers Crossed!!!☺
And if you haven't seen any WNBA games...that's sad. The ladies are on it. They give me energy!
Comments
Post a Comment