Friday
More seed Dahlias. Pretty in their simplicity.
Yikes! I had enough to do today. Maybe enough for two days. So here goes the day. Up not so early but early enough. Since there was some important stuff to do at I U North I could not eat breakfast after 6:30. So happy to say there was 15 minutes to eat before breakfast needed to be over.
So it was yogurt with a little more yogurt. And the of course knitting. I finished another one. One with a new kind of yarn which created a soft scarf. Maybe one I'll keep. Who knows until I decide. I was off to guess where. I U North for the six month Pet Scan and it happened. It's a whole body scan. Well almost to see what's going on cancer wise almost everywhere in the body. I should get the results maybe tomorrow if I can read the Portal correctly. I'm remembering all the interesting things that happen during the radioactive process. The nurse that is in charge has done this for quite a while so it another friend's meeting with a lot to talk about. There is an hour to wait till all the nucellar stuff finds it's way through the body so I called and texted my friends for entertainment.
From Dahlia Hill.Then it was back home for something to eat and eat I did. I have a great appetite that carries me along.
I decided it was time to tackle the banners again. The last job is to attach the sleeve that is used to hang the banners on poles in the sanctuary. So now three are finished adding the fourth that was finished a few weeks ago. Two more to go with all the pieces ready to attach when Patty is finished with embellishment. She is the best at that job. It will be great to see them hanging on Oct. 1.
Then came time with Diana, my great PT friend. There is the before talk but as soon as she starts working I just go silent. Her touches where the first surgery happened on my neck are like magic happening. I can feel my neck loosening. If only it will stay that way.
Eli, playing goolie had just thrown the ball after a big save.Home and it was the first of many soup nights with a starter from the left overs from last night's Shepherd's Pie. Delicious.
During the afternoon hours Julie, Dr. Schneider's nurse tried to call. Once was when I was having PT. I ignored the call. And she called once when Doug was home alone. He ignored it only telling me Julie called. There was nothing on the answering machine. Well, I checked the Portal for Pet Scan News. And there were the results. Take a big breath! No changes in my Pet Scan. Woo. God is walking along side. That's a sure thing and the journey continues starting in 2020. I must make this gift count. God and my body continues to surprise me.
Also my sister is back at the Barrington determined to get better. Her goal is to return to her apartment. I think she can do that but it will be a painful time succeeding.
So the fire works of celebration happened today. Doug and I are going to Dairy Queen. He for a blizzard and me for a huge cone or if possible a Sunday with something on it. Not quite sure but there will be something for sure.
Comments
Post a Comment