Saturday

 What a wonderfully cool morning to wake up to.  The garden got a walk though showing me the toll it took yesterday because of the heat.  Woo.  It needed some TLC where it made a difference.  Some things were just burnt up.  Their removal time is to be determined. So the garden cart followed me again with an over the top load to the B Blues.  I picked quiet a few tomatoes along with a couple of great peppers. I could have done more but thought one cart load was enough for the morning.  The self seeding Cleome really are taking over.  It seems that each flower has it's season.  Some produce early and some choose the late summer to show their blossoms. The Dahlias were picked again.  A new one is blooming.  

Yesterday I was an inside hermit missing what I should not have missed.  This morning I found two dead Monarchs in the cage.  They should have been released yesterday for sure.  There were two more chrysalis waiting and I left the door open for them if they chose to leave their chrysalis.  They did, spent some time hanging to drying and then took advantage of the big open door.  There is one more to go although it looks a bit questionable.  Later in the afternoon there were Monarchs in the garden.  I wonder...

The weather continued to be cooler and I spent time on the patio watching the hummingbirds fussing with each other among other things.  Taking advantage of the cooler temperatures has been a treat.  

The afternoon was full of football with a great I U win.  They are starting the year as they ended last year.  And then I moved to the Texas game to check on Archie Manning.  The Long Horns did well.  It was very interesting to see Texas political adds slipped in from time to time. 

I called my friend Carol now in rehab working through a hip replacement.  She has quite a regiment of things to do each day.  She's ready to go home but still has a week to go. 

Knitting continues, small meals continue, drinking a lot of water continues and so does the beloved homework for unpinching the pinched nerves. 

I learned this morning that our Living Strong friend Ramona died Thursday.  I made sure the L Strong folks heard the news.  She was a very plucky lady who had some great adventures in her life.  I knew her for only a few months but she made a great impression on my life.  

The rest of the day saw knitting and football entertainment.  Tomorrow morning is church and there will be an FiFa game in the afternoon.  Life is good.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

66

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.