Saturday



                                                    The star of the garden right now.

From where I sit, today was a bit different in a positive way.  And here's why.  Today I felt like I did a few months ago with a lot of get up and go energy.  Yes, I've stayed busy as you well know but this time mentally and physically I was ready to go.  And go I did.  

                                            Fresh Dahlias at the kitchen sink. Just like Kathy does!

This time of the year is what I call time to clean up the garden.  The Black Eyed Susan's are starting to lean over.  They are tired/ Some folks keep them around during the winter but I like to think spring and new life all winter long.  And I want to be ready.  So today was Black Eyed Susan day filling the two B Blues to the top.  I have a hedge trimmers and it was busy all morning.  About 80 % of the Susan's have disappeared. I added some Artemisia to the B Blues as well, that also were leaning.  Not all but some.  The south gardens have really taken a hit because of the heat.  The flowers are in great shape around the patio.  So, it's a pleasure to look out the kitchen window and see the Monarchs and Humming Birds.  I did find a tiny, tiny Swallowtail cat on some tiny dill in the south garden.  That's the first for the year. That's crazy.  

    The smallest one is at the top.  The biggest one is near the bottom.  The picture size is deceiving.                                                 Yes...I spotted two this afternoon on the same dill plant.

So that was an all morning job.  I was sticky, itchy, and hot so a wonderful shower happened and then it was lunch time with the chair.  I was ready.

                                                        Pink asters...fall bloomers.

I've limiting knitting for a while because of the pinched nerve problems.  I think it will help healing.  I'm hoping PT continues for a while.  It is such a big help with range of motion for my neck.  My meeting with Michael Monday afternoon will determine further treatment after October 1. I think it's working.  I just think I need more PT.  I can do what Michael tells me to do at home.  What Diana does I can't do. 

                    Light lavender fall blooming asters.  There is a dark purple aster in the garden also.

And because of limited knitting, I thought more about burp making.  Early this morning I sent a flannel sheet to the washing machine and dryer.  So it was time to start the burp process.  I ripped enough fabric to make 44 burps.  Now that's just the beginning.  There are other steps that happen on their way to completion but at least I've crossed the starting line!  

                                                            So pretty.  I love Golden Rod.

I hope to get another 100 burps on their way tomorrow if Ginny needs them.  I usually don't sew in the summer but this summer it happened. 

While resting for a bit after the morning work out, I heard about a tomato soup recipe on Face Book.  As the ingrediencies were listed, I knew I had all of the items in the kitchen or garden.  So.  Mid afternoon the items were gathered and the crock pot is filled to the top with what should be delicious tomato soup with all fresh ingrediencies.  I added fresh parsley to the pot along with fresh basil.

                        It smells wonderful.  I'll use a stick blender to turn this into soup.  Yum, Yum.                                                                      Rita, I'll share if you want tomato soup.

Football filled some empty spaces.  I think some of the pairings today are crazy.  How about Ohio State and Kent State.  I guess it's one way to start.  Florida seems to be beating Alabama at this point. Poor Tide. The game isn't over. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

66

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.