Thursday

 The day started very early once again for no good reason.  It just did that all by itself.  I was up entertaining myself with knitting. The thought occurred to me that learning to knit during days set aside for studying before finals at college during my sophomore year is now the only skill I'm using these day.  My roommate taught me and I loved it.  So I knitted for a while stopping every now and then to do nerve stretching among other exercises.  


My big important event during the morning was a stop at I U North this morning...the third visit for the week with one more to go.  It was time for my monthly two cancer shots which seem to come every 2 1/2 weeks.  It just seems that way.  I love visiting my helper friends at the hospital.  A month whizzes by faster than I can believe.  

This afternoon Doug made his monthly visit for his iron shot with the same ladies at I U North.  He also has some doctor visits as well.  Yup.  Old people visit the grocery, gas station, the drug store and the hospital often.  At least that's the Russell format.  Lucky for us...the hospital is less than 10 minutes away. The other places are even closer.  

                                This Dahlia starts out as a deep purple.  There is a hint of that.

In the afternoon I went on to Needlers to pick up supper.  This time it's Shepherd's Pie.  No cooking for me tonight.  I'll just pop that in the oven for a while.  Then there was a stop at Aldi's for a few things.  This time without Doug so I had to do all the work.  Bummer.  I should have planned better.  

I spent a lot of time in the afternoon in the green chair doing what I should have done at 3 this morning.  Oh, well.  That's life and I have the time.  

Patty stopped by with three of the new banners.  She does a super job with embellishing and she certainly did not disappoint me.  She used trims and some fabric paint here and there. Now, it's my turn to finish the tops.  We will hang them in the sanctuary on Oct 1.  Woo, woo!  

Today is another hot day.  It's in the low 90's this afternoon.  So I'm staying quiet as you have heard with sleeping and TV once in a while, knitting and doing my homework exercises.  That's enough stuff for me.  As I look out the window, the flowers are still gifting me and I say thank you to the guy in the sky.  God is good and living in the sky as well as by my side as the days continue to flow by. 

                                                                            I love this color. 

There has been good news about my teacher friend Carol who had pre surgery heart treatment.  Then a hip replacement. Then fell and broke her femur and then experienced four days of heart fib.  Today her heart was shocked back into correct rhythm.  I imagine her recovery will be long and strenuous. Pray for Carol and her family of son Rob and daughter Lisa along with her grand children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.

66