Tuesday
This morning started a little slow. I was going to write pokey. Two good descriptive words. I finished last night off with another good drink for the five Dahlias I missed yesterday. They are planted in other places then the majority of Dahlias who have earned their exclusive Dahlia bed.
This morning, sitting seemed to be what the body was telling me to do. So the knitting came out and I did quite a bit of needles clicking toward another scarf.
Some time ago I decided to change my e-mail address. I was tired of the hundreds of items showing up which were plain old trash. That change created a little mess which I worked toward fixing later in the morning. One was getting the new e-mail address attached to the I U Portal. Seems the doctors need to talk to me. One sent me a letter because I had not opened the portal. Another to do was calling church to once again receive the church letter through the new e-mail. Little by little things will happen. So far I've gotten few e-mails. Yeah! Text me if you want to get my attention. The e-mail change is an easy fix. The number 3 in the old address is now a number 5. That's the big change. Whoopee! I'm not a hot e-mail checker.
Homework was completed. I hope to go through the 4 exercises, a few of them 10 times, before I see the teacher this afternoon. She will know for sure if I've slumped off. Michael is helping others today so I'll have Diana. I could get detention you know. Remember that word? It's an old one. I wonder if kids now days have ever heard that. Since Goodwill is within walking distance of the PT office, (great) I suppose I'll be visiting just to look around. I might see something that goes with burp clothes! You never know! In a few weeks my arm/shoulder should be good enough to start ripping fabric again. Typing has improved a whole lot even though I still have sleeping fingers (pinched nerve).
Today promises to be a hot day. So I call it a take it a easy day with fans a fanning and windows closed. There will be a few more hot ones this week but I suspect the numbers will become almost gone very soon. The Dahlias will love the heat for sure now that they have had a good drink.
Just back from PT with more news. In writing this morning I mentioned Diana. She will be with me for a while. Her specialty is working on dissolving scar tissue. That probably isn't the right word but it's something like that. My first cancer surgery involved a lot of things, including an incision across my neck where new blood vessels were connected to old blood vessels when body parts were moved. Scar tissue now is pinching nerves in my neck and it's Diana's job to fix that with her fingers providing pressure on the scar. There will be more sessions coming to release the tissue that now is hiding behind the scar doing the pinching. Such a gift she has bringing healing with her hands. Once again I am so grateful. The sessions are long and there will be two a week for a while. And once again when finished my body should be able to function better. And in the meantime I'll continue here at home with Michael's assignment also leading toward healing.
I did stop at Goodwill and found two tops for winter. I bought one thinking I'll be near by Thursday and if the second one still is hanging on the rack, it could be another Sunday go to mee'in shirt. I found a great cotton sheet for burps. So in a way it was a good shopping afternoon for more than just me.
Back home on the ranch I had a cool popsicle along with a nap and time with the 4:00 White House hour on TV.. Even though my PT involved lying on the table for 45 minutes the experience wore me out. Funny how that works.
Supper was the usual and the evening was also in the usual category. Nothing new...Same old, same old.
Comments
Post a Comment