Wednesday
The best of all friends but still a funny puppy, Arnie.
If anyone has a handle on when the temperature will moderate, let me know. I don't need a guess. I want the truth as Edith Ann would say.
More Dahlias from Dahlia Hill, Midland Michigan.I had a rather acceptable sleep and was awake at 6. That's acceptable. So it was a slow get up with breakfast, the paper and then things did a change.
It's September and time to think about cleaning up the garden. This morning I started. It's Big Blue Truck day and there was only one b.blue container at the street. The hedge trimmers came out and I started with Black Eyed Susan's. There are so many and it will take weeks to snip all of them. In the meantime the birds will be doing their own nipping on the eye parts until they are all gone.
I happened on to a praying mantis while cutting, grabbed it making a move to another part of the garden that would be safe. I learned that those little guys can really bite in the process of being caught. OUCH!
Before the truck arrived I had about 3/4's of a can filled with a contribution. I continued on after the collection with two other areas now ready for the snow. But the road to completion is long.
I was bushed. That contribution to the garden was enough for one morning. Maybe enough till next week depending on the weather temperature.
The rest of the day was spent inside finishing another scarf. The collection is growing and I'm thinking they could be donated to the new mothers closer to winter weather who participate in the Goodwill Well Baby program. A warm neck in my estimation makes a warm body when the snow blows around.
The afternoon rest came with sleep once again. Just a lovely combination. I did some texting to friends, one who is recovering from hip surgery. We learned while in Michigan that my sister who also lives near by fell and has two breaks in her pelvis. She lives in a retirement home here in Carmel and is receiving good care. She is 92 years old and I would imagine healing could be very slow. So, another day of this and that. Supper happens soon. The evening should be pretty quiet with nothing much planned. Just my kind of evening.
This is about a third of the hill. Volunteers plant over 2,000 every spring.
Comments
Post a Comment