A Full Day of Something.

 The something was impressive and huge.  Impressive because of all the precautions and positive suggestions that I learned about big long surgeries.  Once again 9 am took me to Methodist.  Blood pressures, blood draws, EKG's, Echo Cardiogram scan listening to a soppy valve.  Then a tiny suitcase full of nutritional drinks...3 a day to give a big body boost, germ killing soap to use in the shower the night before and the morning of and a nose ointment to protect from Mersa, breathing exercises to help the body during surgery and later and a bed with clean sheets to sleep on the night before. .  It would seem that the bases are covered.  I was around very smart people who were backed up by smart people.  So many questions needed answers from me and I had so many questions that needed answers from them. I was delighted to lay on a bed with lights low during the ECHO.  Questions were minimal.  The heart beats were washtub in sound and after a busy morning I relaxed for a bit.  The verdict...I am good to go!  It was said a very, very good go.  Wonderful words to hear. 

Doug's long ago illness 45 years ago took  him to Methodist for a long period of time.  Yesterday, I was surprised that finding my way around the hospital was easy.  The restrooms and dining room, elevators, parking lot and chapel were in the same place as I remembered.  I guess one calls that good long term memory.  Yes, Doug's was a long term event.  I think we have something called bookend experiences  with heads the focus.   Doug's experience directed by  Dr. Julius Goodman and mine with doctors in a practice with the name Julius Goodman attached.  Dr. Goodman directed the development of neurological treatment in Indianapolis hospitals for many years.  We have been blessed. Words can not express our gratitude.  

Eric Galloway appeared at the door and helped me along with some computer and phone lessons.  Supper happened and then some tv watching...NO tv sleeping.  Doug woke me up and then it was sleeping on the pillow.  

Sometimes I think about my elementary grade school playground time.  I wonder why more of us didn't die.  It was jumping on the merry-go-round with the boys spinning it so fast that we thought we would fly off.  It was fun.  The faster the better.  Yesterday was that spinning ride.. Slow down, please.  I'm not a third grader any more.  That didn't happen and I hung on until the end happy for the Monday ride to be over but learning a whole lot of something.   Now for today.  

Doug and I are off to I U North at 6 for his endoscopy and after 7:30 a covid test for me.  Then NOTHING medical for the rest of the day...I think.  God be near.  

Comments

  1. Dear, Dear Lela,
    I feel so blessed to be able to be reading these entries. Your heart and mind are beautiful and the creativity you have is expressed here. I'm glad you have been given the tools you need to go forward. I'm so grateful for the nutritious drinks you have been given. This will help your body, certainly.
    Please know we stand under you with loving support and prayer to our Good and Perfect God. My prayers are for you to know how much you are loved and how you are held by your creator through all of this journey. Lean into Christ, trust the faith He has given you. Put yourself into your Creator's hands as He knows your needs and He will give as we have asked in faith.
    God bless you friend.
    Amen,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news to hear that you are good to go! That means you are healthy and ready. Sounds like the same surgical preparation Bill had to do, except they had him put all this orange stuff up his nose and around his nose at the hospital the morning of his surgery. We both drink the Premium Protein Drinks from Sam's Club. They taste good and are good for us. Love how you write about your journey through this so creatively and love that God is helping you on your journey.
    Praying and sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday