Blessings Abound

 It's 6 am and I have already received blessings more than enough for the day.  For a few weeks now the night seems to end around 3 am.  I long have thought this might be a blessing giving me time when all is quiet to process in the silence what is to come.  So this morning, that was the case once again.  A dear friend encouraged me to write down questions that might have answers giving those questions to my troupe of Doctors.  So I wrote  There were more questions than I realized at the time.  Then I turned to Jesus Calling for January 15th.  The words were that Peace may transcend understanding.  If one thinks to long at the myriad of problems, one will sink under the burdens.  There was more to read.    Then it was on to 5:30 and the BYU Mormon Temple Choir.  The music included...Study War No More.  I was reminded of the war going on in my body.  Then it was Peace Like a River in my Soul.  The words heard in the music were Peace Hope and Love like a river.  That was followed by Kum By Here.  And then on to the spoken words about the Aspen Tree and how Aspin tree  roots connect to each other...It's a community of trees reminding me of my large community of supporters.  Blessings overflowed at 6 am.  The BYU station during the day repeats this Sunday program.  I have a reminder set for the afternoon  program.  

The last song the choir sang was a spiritual about crossing the separating line.  The line between life and death that we take.  Our dear friend and once a living saint and now a heavenly saint,  Katy Meredith crossed that line yesterday after more than 90 years of living saint work.  What a blessing to have experienced Katy's love and encouragement through over 50  years of knowing her. Katy was one who we looked for at church and was greatly missed when not there.  I remember so well one Sunday service when we were honoring older folks, Being near 90 at the time, it was Katy's turn and she took the microphone and preached a sermon.  There were two that Sunday.   On her 90th birthday the church party was huge.  She will continue to be a blessing in memory, charging us to do likewise. .  

So now on to the rest of the day.  TV set for the Catholic mass at 8.  I'll probably do another Washington Cathedral sermon and then on to 11:00 at North.  Blessings continue.  

OH! YES.  Covid 19 Vaccine is in both of our arms as of Sat. 1:20.  .  Another UNSPEAKABLE Blessing. 

Comments

  1. Glad you are finding peace in the midst of the storm. There is no peace like God's peace! So thankful for His Word and His love! Very proud of our Grandson, Adam, who has read the whole Bible now and is starting over. So nice to know what our Creator has to say to us to show us His will for us. Happy Adam is starting young to really seek God. We are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday