Church and Yesterday.

 It was a day filled with many things.  Of course breakfast.  One of these days I'll say more about that.  Then an early trip to the grocery store for a few things.  Eggs.  Doug always unloads the groceries from the car and helps to put them away.  I think it's a great time to see what's available for eating on his part!  OOPS.  take care of that hiatal hernia, kido.   Then a visit from my sister Mary K.  How many of can say our sister lives near.  Not many...but I'm thinking of Rosie.  Then it was off to the Simon house again.  Cancer Center for short.  But I was very, very early...Early is on time.  The trip there always takes me past the church.  Remembering how the church stood beside with Doug's long ago illness of 49 years ago, I made the turn into 39th street and into the parking lot,  thinking I'll spend time in the car since the church is locked.  But...of course I didn't do that.  I rang the bell and  Tim left me in and I went immediately to the sanctuary. Oh, dear...there was visual arts work to be done.  Banner to go back in the closet, vases to hide since flowers for January are fewer for the month.  What a delightful place to work with the sun streaming in the south windows making the space magical.   So when I finished I sat for a few minutes in the prayer chairs in the north aisle.  The view to the south windows was awesome.  Blues...the color representing living water. Then I noticed green.  Yes there is green...the color representing new growth and everlasting life.  All so beautiful with the gift of the sun.  So I sat until the message came, time to move on.    So off to the Simon house where I received a PET scan.  What do the letters represent?  Darned if I need to know.  But what I do know is that the material injected into my vein  will be looking for cells that don't belong there.  A word of thanksgiving to those who were able to discover this technique and to those who were with me in the process.  So when will I find out what was discovered.  Not sure but I'll know when I need to know.  I thought maybe Monday but really not sure about that at all. I think that appointment is about surgery.   I'll know when I need to know.  On the way home I dropped off a huge bag of thread at Peg B. house.  I have had so much thread given to me over the years which I would never, never be able to use.  Now the Indianapolis Quilters Guild can so until eternity.  Back home again.  The circle for the day was complete...Supper...card game and a bit of TV.  Woo...another day of memories.  A new goal...collect the names of those medical people who will be with me on this journey.  I missed two today.  I'll get them on Thurs. for my next trip to the Simon house.  


Comments

  1. Thank you Lela. I love reading what you are sharing. I am also able to pray for things you mention. The description of the sanctuary is lovely.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday