Circling and circling.

Have you ever been in a plane circling the airport unable to land because something on the ground was not permitting a safe landing?  Someone is waiting at the gate for your arrival.  Way to many planes are in line and your plane needs to be at the front.  It's a bit frustration...It's time for you to get off that plane and for some very good reasons you can't.  One being the plane is still in the air.  

The medical information line seems to be long but long for a reason.  So...Yesterday we took another lap on this trip.  It was a very good lap.  Dr. Miller, the neuro surgeon was the pilot.  I saw scan pictures, heard about the surgery with unadulterated clear terms.  He gave answers to all my questions of which there were more that I had imagined at the time. I've thought of more since.  Some of the answers could have disturbing outcomes but better to know then have those answers clouded with foggy answers.  But be assured,  I know the pilots are well informed.  They have been "flying" for a very long time. 

The pilot needs the right information to land the plane and I think we are almost on the ground.  What remains is to find the day when both surgeons can meet in cockpit.   I will hear very soon.  This plane is sure to land and I feel it will be a safe landing.  

The tumor is sitting on the bone.  It will come out and some of the bone will be excised to be sent away for testing.  That will take about a week of diagnosis.  Rebuilding the bone needs to happen during surgery. Then skin grafts need to cover the area.  So time in the airport will be long.  My baggage could contain some additional medication.  Genomics will determine what is in my bag.  But eventually I'll be on my way home where the journey started.  God be near. 

The rest of the day was also interesting.  My closer friends know I'm a flip phone user. KEEP IT SIMPLE!  That phone is never with me usually sitting on the counter in the kitchen.  It's sort of my phone directory only...That is not the case anymore.  I've joined smart phone world.  Well almost.  Kat is transferring numbers and a lesson or two will come soon so I can text my grandsons!  Grandma is invading their territory!!!  Make room!  

Today is TV time watching new blood being injected into the country.  Being low on blood platelets is no fun.  




Comments

  1. What a beautiful analogy of flight, safe landings and having all the information and people in place to make that happen! I loved it! I know that you are in good hands and that they know what they need to get this gear to the gate and for you to disembark into the next phase of life. My prayers are for for them, for you and for the amazing adventures ahead of you!! love you bunches, patty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday