Planning...is that a joke?

 Thursday...I planned to have a planning day.  The plan was that I was in control of the plan.  And for the most part that happened.  I planned to make a short quick trip to the grocery to fill in the holes and cracks for Doug next week.  As an emergency item  in that plan...another box of poptarts.  Some people buy toilet paper...I buy poptarts, so it would seem.  

Thinking about the coming week, my plan was to take a good book to the hospital.  Maybe if folks there saw me reading, they would say...go home.  So what to borrow from the library...Mary Oliver...of course.  That was an easy decision coming from my memory library.  Words turned into poetry.  I could read one or ten poems at a time.  So...off to the library with my Iphone.  The library is closed for covid reasons.  Reserve on line...go to the parking lot...text the library and the books are delivered to your car. Books delivered to the car proved that I successfully used my Iphone.  Short term memory was working.  I was grateful for that short term gift. 

 I borrowed two books, Felicity and Owls and other Fantasies. 

The first poem in Felicity was an unexpected surprise.  Knowing Mary Oliver's work I should not have been surprised.    

DON"T WORRY

Things take the time they take.  Don't worry.

How many roads did St. Augustine follow before he became St. Augustine?

The first line can be taken from the Psalms but with different words.  The second line could be St. Paul

So if you, who read this blog have never heard of Mary Oliver...run to the library.  She is so real in her writings allowing the reader to walk with her in so many ways and in so many places and through so many common experiences.  

Later reading over the information in the home work folder was reviewed spending time on the breathing machine and thinking through more plans finished off the day.  It was a good day. 

God be near.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday