Ready for the day

 Face washed, teeth brushed, breakfast eaten and cups of coffee consumed.  It's 6:45...I'm ready for the day.  Now it's time to think about the events we know will be coming our way today. The surprises will be there as well.  We will have a zoom call with Doug's surgeon, our hope being that filling in the blanks in the calendar will include a surgery date for his Hiatal Hernia.  So...we'll see.  Hope to check that off.

Yesterday was lemon meringue pie day.  Seems I bought a bag of lemons for last weekend's company.  Just didn't need another pie after apple and cherry.  Yesterday,  two lemon meringues happened.  One whole pie went to my neighbor to the west Kathy and Bill and another huge piece went to my neighbor to the south, Judy.  Yesterday after listening to the senior minister from the National Cathedral on a TV news station say...do something for a neighbor today.  Help to heal the divisions.  Shovel their driveway...Well...no snow to shovel and so it was pie time.  Doubled the lemon juice and for yesterday it was at the top of my pie making choice.  Brighten the corner where you are.  My goodness...that's an old church song that just popped out of my head.  

So now that my brain has done it's daily dump on the blog...I have reminded myself of what some of the expectations are for the day.   As often heard at our church...God be near.  

Comments

  1. Praying for Doug! Yum...Lemon meringue pie...one of my favorites! Nice to do something for others. You are very good at that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday