Yesterday didn't turn...

Yesterday didn't turn out the way I thought it would. There were surprises. Early, early in the morning,  I felt like lots of mothers ready to deliver their babies in those last few days of a pregnancy.  There was a huge spirt of energy with anticipation added.  So...by 6 a.m the pot containing more than 12 cups of Friendship Soup was bubbling away on the stove.  Next...I searched  through the crockpot cookbook and found a chicken dish.  I grew up with chickens in my life.   The PHONE rang...Dr. Miller...neuro surgeon calling.  My appointment moved from next Tues. to THIS TUESDAY. I must prepare for another surprise.   So..off to the grocery store for oranges for the chicken and POP TARTS and COFFEE to last Doug for weeks and weeks. It would seem years of 1st and 2nd grade teaching taught me one thing.  BE PREPARED.  But be prepared for surprises.  And yesterday they came.  Cooking was a great distractor.  I was occupied with planning for Doug and I hoping that I had something in place necessary for the coming days, weeks and more.   Years, and years ago I think perhaps after the Gulf War, one Sunday Dick Hamilton prayed a prayer about that event.  Louie Chenette set that prayer to music and the choir sang the prayer.  As I remember, it was a difficult piece of music Louie, and we powered through as we often did.  The words I remember so well in that prayer...Surprise us of God, by the power of your love I've used those words many, many times.   So...yesterday was a surprise.  At the end of the day another surprise thought came to me.  This tumor is not my problem.  I've handed it on the the Doctors and to God.  A very long phone call with Jared as he and Kimmy were driving back to Midland after purchasing 400 pounds of clay,  spinning them into mugs, bowls, SALT PIGS and more was a great surprise.  .  It was a LONG ride with a surprise of a long visit by phone.  Eric stopped by with somethings I need to take to church as I pass on the way to Methodist Hospital.  Another game of cards after supper. And Kathleen C's words because  answered prayer...sleep well.  that was another surprise as I woke up this morning.  It was the best sleep in weeks.  So today. The 20th day of wearing red, I'll see Dr. Miller at 10:15.  The surgery date will be the surprise.   The freezer is stocked with food.  I have some necessary things but ready for surprises.  

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great day of surprises....nice ones too! You are very prepared and looking ahead and taking such great care of Doug, making sure he is all taken care of and well fed while you go through your surgery and recovery. I need a burst of energy like that. So early to have that Friendship soup cooking. Is that like vegetable soup? Praise God for your friend's answered prayer and I know how special your long talk with Kimmy and Jared had to be. You are very blessed and very wise giving your tumor to the hands of the doctors and God. Continuing to pray for answered prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday