A little of this and a little of that.

 The end of five days.  That reminds me of the years I was with my first and second grade friends.  What great memories of a little of this and a little of that and finding something to give me a good laugh every day.  Being with those little minds that were ready to burst onto the world was a job like none other.  Memories are good.  And they carry me on.  

Yesterday brought the Home Health Care nurse with a blood pressure check, temp, check, an oxygen check  a "how are you doing" and then on to someone more needy. My sister stopped by with chicken noodle soup.  Yum.  I poured a bowl for supper and got out the smoked lake trout as well.  The soup is delicious but the trout won in this instance.  I needed to feel the heat of the sun around me so another walk around the block with Stella Stroller.  What a friend.  I stopped to take a picture of my shadow and Stella to send to the grandsons.  It got rave reviews even though the picture button turned from white to red again...(bummer) under my finger meaning it was a second of video.  I really get teased about that.  I keep trying.  

Pictures from Michigan, family Kimmy and Jared Russell.  I recommend Rockin-R-Ranch.blogspot.com for a day of entertainment at their farm.  What a day with extended family.  Pottery decorating,  The kitchen table was full of pots and people, and then the dogs, chickens, lambs and their mothers among other things. .  Kimmy served lunch.  It would appear it was an all day event.  Great pictures and just another window into the life of an extended Russell/Shaard  family,  grandmother, grandchildren, mother and dad and niece and husband and three great sons, Eli, Adam and Jacob, . A day of togetherness.  

Once again I'm grateful for the memory this time of sleep.  Last night was a reminder of that sweet night not to long ago.  I refuse to allow myself to fret about no sleep.  It harms the mind and does nothing good for healing.  It just is what it is for now. Having options in mind to fill the night...that works for me. I might break out a puzzle.   I intend to live long enough to outgrow sleepless nights although even before surgery they were somewhat short.   Reminders of my sister and my sleep patterns from those days when we shared a bedroom.  Our sleep habits were  far apart in that respect.  She is older than me and she still sleeps long hours.  My brain says..."GET UP and meet the day which sometimes seems to start at 3 am.  Again...it is what it is for now. This part of who I am is sitting high on the shelf not to be discussed in large detail again. 

Today...is grocery day.  Doug, who avoids the grocery like a C virus is coming with me.  The last grocery shopping was in January.  We've done well but the cupboards are a little sparse now.  I'm so looking forward to doing those things that tell me that I'm healing. This time it's grocery shopping at my little Aldi's store. My head has a more normal shape with the muscle flap taken from my back is  shrinking and the skin graft looking alive, not like dead chicken skin, my leg a healthy pink color rather than bright blood red,  is looking good and the drain hole is healing. Life is good.  My body is getting ready for the Breast  MRI a week from today that should chart the coming months of treatment.  That is a hope, not a guarantee but a hope. Hope is healthy.  

And another big thanks  for the chance to dump what is on my mind on this blog.  It is a gift to me.  You readers are with me and even though there would be no people readers, it is a conversation with God who hears and heals all.  God is near, God is here.  Blessings abound.  

Comments

  1. Lela,
    Thank you for the time you spend "dumping" your thoughts is a gift to those of us who read them. It is good for your soul as well as mine. Your positive wisdom regarding your personal path gives us ways to pray for you and others. The suffering people are living through is real. There are many people on our prayer lists. Your words help me pray for you and then to think about and ponder what others may be living through as well.
    God bless you Lela. Through your journal, I have grown to know you more and love you more. I look forward to chatting with you in the garden and yard. I look forward to chats with Doug and Bill regarding what to do with this tree and this plant. These are sweet times for Bill and I.

    This week I am pondering on this truth about our God: The unchanging character of God provides stability in a world in constant change.

    K F

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday